Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

might sell the bird

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 11:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default might sell the bird

hey guys so i have thought about selling the t/a. It seems like i am always replacing things on it. i have always said that this is my dream car and i am going to keep it forever but i think the dream has died. I am think about buying a G8 gt. As i think more about selling it, it is really kind of sad. I have always wanted a WS6 since i was 12 and now being 21 i think its time to let the dream pass. I have had the t/a for about 3 years now and have had to replace alot of stupid things on it like lighting harness, antenna, and now head light motor, and etc. Its getting kind of annoying. So what i am really looking for i guess is some input on this. Should i really go through wit this????
Old 06-25-2009, 12:57 AM
Teching In

why not keep it sure its little stuff but you finally achieved your dream why not hold onto it years from now you might be saying why did i ever get rid of that thing think of all the memorys ect ect
Old 07-05-2009, 05:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If you get annoyed at the repairs then sell it. When little things in the car start breaking it pisses you off because you want it all to last. I would say the G8 gt is a nice trade. Watching parts of your car fall apart is horrible, and you can feel better when you fix it, but constantly fixing a car becomes a headache. You fulfilled your childhood dream and if you keep the car too long it will never seem as great as you imagined when you were 12. Go find a G8 gt and sell the ws6 to make some elses dream come true.

Oh Im getting all emotional. It is always hard to say goodbye to a car.

Not always actually. Gave my uncle my POS 84 mustang gt because I hated it and he loves them.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:32 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

All vehicles eventually need something replaced. Parts wear out.

If you have to ask a public forum about selling your car, then I'd say deep down inside you really don't want to.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

didn't read the other responses, but it seems like you're just bored at the moment. for about a day i was thinking to myself whether my car was worth keeping. i've done the thermostat/brakes/headlight gears/window motors/turn signal sockets and need to do the roof. thinking about it though, those are extremely common problems with our cars as are most of the things you've done. now that those are taken care of there's nothing else you need to worry about if you've maintained it well.

throw in a stall or do some suspension work and you'll love it again.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your only 21, how many diff cars have you had, your car is at least 7 yrs old now, these things do go out, you shouldnt have to do it again
Old 07-15-2009, 04:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

what jeff?!?!?!?!?!?!?! i never thought i'd hear those words out of your mouth (or read,lol) !!!!!!!!!!! If you u do, don't be a *****, buy a GXP not a GT. I test drove a red one at Arnie Bauer, that GXP had some ***** my friend.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:19 PM
Teching In

if its paid off just keep it, youll come back to her once again even if you have the G8. And if not then sell it.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:19 PM
TECH Resident

I bought mine new in 2001 ( I was 17). It is now paid off and I know how you feel about when things break. It is irritating but is a hell of a lot better than a car payment every month. I was really starting to hate my car but recently put on some Koni shocks and some other suspension goodies and am loving the car again. Drives well and even after these years it still looks HOT!
Old 07-16-2009, 05:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I wouldn't rid of the WS6 even with needing repairs for a Caprice err.. G8. If you're gonna spend the money a G8 costs then buy a 10 Camaro SS or Mustang GT and come out happier and what'll be a better deal in the long run. Pontiac is a dead brand walking begging people to buy their cars so they don't have any inventory left & the G8 is being rebadged as the Chevy Caprice. So the G8's value will be close to nothing once you buy it due to both Pontiac and the Caprice. If that doesn't matter to you then go for it. But remember it's not going to be the WS6 at all.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
If you have to ask a public forum about selling your car, then I'd say deep down inside you really don't want to.
^ "How does that make you feel?"
sorry, I had to... sounds like your getting psychiatric advice!

On a serious note, I think your missing the point. One of the best things about owning these cars is that when parts break/wear out there is a huge aftermarket full of upgrades. Everything I have added or replaced is better than when it left the factory! Speed, Power, Handling, Appearance plus that fact that with the help of people on this forum you can do most of these upgrades yourself.
I got to tell you, when I am behind the wheel, I have a much deeper connection with my car, we are one... every piece of it has been through my hands and that's a great feeling. I have confidence in my work and car and would never want to figure out and learn all the quirks of a new vehicle. Being an LT1 it's always the opti anyway - LOL
Old 07-16-2009, 11:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

don't talk crazy, it will get better. You sell this car and your going to regret it. I promise you,you will! : angel::a ngel::an gel: Just relax it will be ok

Quick Reply: might sell the bird