Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

My first build - 2000 WS6

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 10:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first build - 2000 WS6

Well I just sold my 2007 heads/cam 07 Z06 that was built by Texas Speed thanks to LS1tech. One of the reasons was so I could make room to start my own build. I have never done any work on an LS1. Tons of work on diesel truck performance though.

I would like to say thanks to my friend Mikefirehawk0623 for his help thus far. He is walking me through every step of the build.

I purchased the car with around 86,000 miles in January 2010. The car was a 6 speed and I wanted an A4. So Mike and I had an agreement that if I purchased the car we would swap transmissions from my car with his Firehawk since it was A4 and he wanted an M6.

We didn't take many pictures for this part of the build but we will try to take more throughout the rest of the process.

This is his car after we cut the hole for the shifter.

Here is the patching of the hole in my car.

We finished up putting the M6 in his car and it is now driving around town.

The next step on my car was to prep the Moser 9" for install. We used a wire brush and cleaned up the rear axle then applied two coats of por-15.

We have now installed the 9" in the car and have moved on to removing the motor. We will be pulling the motor and installing Texas Speed heads and cam, Kateck rod bolts, TSP headers, TSP y-pipe, Fast 102 intake, PTM 102mm throttle body, SLP 85mm MAF, and Fast Toys 98mm lid, pullies, etc.

We are also installing a complete UMI suspension under the car including K member, A arms, short torque arm, control arms, panhard bar, drag bar, and QA1's front and rear.

I will try to post up pics and updates at least weekly. Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated for the newbie!

Enjoy!

Last edited by Ram4whldr; 04-14-2010 at 11:16 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

awsome build man! But why did you sell the zo6? I LOVE my trans am but if there was one car i would sell it for it would be a c6 zo6 just curious. Good luck with your build!
Old 04-15-2010, 09:07 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 97ta383
awsome build man! But why did you sell the zo6? I LOVE my trans am but if there was one car i would sell it for it would be a c6 zo6 just curious. Good luck with your build!
I sold it to put money in my investments. My investments are doing amazing right now and I wanted to make even more on them.

Here is a thread about my old Z06. Belongs to a guy in Michigan now.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...ls7-heads.html