Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

going to be pickin up a ws6

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 05:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default going to be pickin up a ws6

it's about time I get back into the f-body world been a couple of years but been on this site forever just never signed up or posted well its a 2002 all org. 37000 mile car black on black really wanted white or another hawk in white but friend of the family has it and I know it did nothing but sit indoors and get babied since day one by the way its a4 had a m6 things blow up to easy in those cars if you like to drive them for real. want to mod it i know what to do and know how these cars respond shouls i keep it stock so its worth more or go nuts this will be my dd for the next year and i dont need cops chasin me every time they see me-yes i had slp lt/w- lm and a 3500 stall dont need to deal with that again!!
Old 06-21-2010, 05:20 PM
Staging Lane

M6 can drive 'for real'; if you want red line shifts in anything, you should build it appropriately...

If you are worried about the cops, keep it stock. Easy enough to get speeding tickets with the power an A4 has. The more power you add the more you will be tempted.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

Sounds like a nice purchase. Keeping it stock is totally up to you. Will it be worth more? Yes, eventually, but still MANY years off from now. Keeping the mods simple is best if you have an interest in keeping the car a long time and hoping it will be worth something. That way you can put the car back to stock with little effort and get top $$, if you keep the car decent and don't have real high mileage.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:17 PM
Teching In

yeah I already had planned in my head what to do to this thing but I know as soon as I put on thing on it it's all over with just want a nice car that could melt some tires every now and then just for fun anybody know what the weight that these car are? Just wanted to know! I know it will be alot of years down the road before these car are worth anything if that it's not like it's a hawk or anything just seems that these all stock bring in a bit more then on with heads/cam and all that.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:33 PM
On The Tree

congrats on the purchase. post some pics

keep all of your stock parts, they'll come in handy once you decide to put the car back to stock.