Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Bout to be back in a bird!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 08:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bout to be back in a bird!!

Well I'm excited, my 02 Firehawk should be delivered Sunday..... That is, as long as it's not a scam!! Lol. I missed my 00 hawk and been shopping for a WS6. Finding a hawk is just luck!

So my first few mods will be light. It's a northern car so it's been tuned for emissions. In Alabama we can drive a three legged mule down the road if you can get him to track strait, so the first thing is probably off road Y pipe, delete AIR (02 don't have EGR right?), and get a good tune that's not emissions burdened. If I delete the cats I'll probably have to get a better merge to cut the rasp down.

I wouldn't mind a nice set of wheels but I do like the fact that the hawk wheels are able to rotate. If I stay with my hawk wheels and never lower the car what can I fit on the car at all four corners? I'm not a huge fan of the staggered look. Unless I find some hawk wheels to widen for the rears only.....

It's also got a 224/224 114lsa 581/588 lift cam in it. ARH long tubes, might go with a good intake and heads. What kind of rear wheel numbers could I expect out of that package?

And I may keep the SLP dual/dual setup and just drop a cut out in the I pipe to make a little noise. Not expecting any performance from a cut out just want to make noise sometimes and be sweet and innocent sometimes. Biggest question is how well does a cut out sound when it's just one in the I pipe? Better to have two at the headers?

Thanks fellas pics coming soon!!
Old 11-15-2013, 08:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 539 Likes on 386 Posts

Let's hope it turns out as nice as claimed. Don't get too excited just in case. Keep thinking hard when it arrives just like you have done every step of the way. Don't let your emotions make your decision.
From what we talked about earlier you handled this transaction extremely well. If everything works out you should post about the experience and share it for the benefit of others in similar positions. Initially it was full of red flags and potential pitfalls, and you avoided every one from what you explained. Best of luck Sunday!!
Old 11-16-2013, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 173 Likes on 155 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Like a kid waiting for Christmas...
Old 11-16-2013, 09:42 PM
On The Tree

Well I am the proud new owner!! As NC mentioned we conversation over this car a good deal and potential ins/outs..... May turn into a long post but here goes it.

This story begins back on June 30th when I posted in the want ads for a blk/blk m6 WS6 or Firehawk. Obviously I missed my old hawk so a hawk would be the ultimate dream.... I wanted at least an 01/02, decently low miles. I almost settled a few times for some other combinations, I almost bought a GTO, I looked and got disgusted at a lot of cars with owners in the near mint price ranges for less than stellar cars.

Well I gave up bout a month ago. Then out of the blue early this week I get a text. The text says "Still want a black Firehawk" I replied yes if it's a 6speed and black interior! So here falls my 02 blk/blk m6 FIREHAWK with 49k miles on it!!! Given the prices I'd seen I was expecting the text to come back with about 16+ for a number,..... But it didn't.... 13,500. This was REALISTIC!! This I could feel good about IF the car is in good shape. And to make the dream car even dreamier,.... HE WOULD DELIVER IT TO ME IN ATLANTA!!! Almost too good to be true

So enter a few red flags, first I'm sure the owner is a busy man. I asked for a few pics of certain items and didn't get them at first. I was told I was actually next in line as he had a buyer closer. I understand his side as a long road trip STINKS. If he could have sold it closer I would have understood..... But still no pictures. We briefly discussed money and he asked for a deposit to know I was serious if this other buyer fell thru. Now I'm getting Fuzzy about it all.

So here is how the deal played out, VA buyer fell thru and I told the seller if he wanted a deposit then I would require the exact pics I requested. Carfax report. And once we agree to purchase we can have it listed on eBay for a one day auction, buy it now, and this gives us a sort of contract agreeing to buy and sell...... I can sense he is nervous about a 12 hour drive to discover if I am full of crap or not. But I assured him I would pay upon arrival. We ironed out the details. We set up the meet, once I received all I asked for I sent the deposit, paid the rest in certified check as agreed upon arrival and inspection of the car.....

I will have to say, he said it was a clean car and IT IS, he told me about every paint chip, cracked doors, bubbly sail panel, and represented the car to perfection. He was a real awesome guy to deal with once we got done. And my faith that good ole boys still exist is restored!

So I'll get pics when I get some sunshine! Until then I'm sure glad I got a new hawk!!! AND BOY DOES SHE FLY!!!!
Old 11-17-2013, 08:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Congrats man. Enjoy your hawk! Hopefully I'll be posting one of these threads soon. Sold my 'bird last month. Sad sad day.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Nice to hear a happy ending, a g rated kind lol.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 539 Likes on 386 Posts

OUTSTANDING!!!
Congratulations. I'm so glad it worked out.
Watch out for the GA Highway Patrol.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:45 PM
On The Tree

Yeah it's taking some getting used to. It runs out REAL well with that cam. I think I'm gonna talk to Vengance about tuning it up for its new life in the south(Alabama car now) without emissions control!!
Old 11-18-2013, 07:44 AM
Launching!

pics?
Old 11-18-2013, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

Story been bad weather and no sunshine for good pics but here is a few,
Attached Thumbnails Bout to be back in a bird!!-image.jpg  
Old 11-18-2013, 07:53 PM
On The Tree

iPad won't let me load multiple pics in one post?
Attached Thumbnails Bout to be back in a bird!!-image.jpg  
Old 11-18-2013, 08:28 PM
On The Tree

This might work. Mobile app!!
Attached Thumbnails Bout to be back in a bird!!-image-671603554.jpg   Bout to be back in a bird!!-image-3160380506.jpg   Bout to be back in a bird!!-image-3080979916.jpg   Bout to be back in a bird!!-image-3148915634.jpg   Bout to be back in a bird!!-image-2113997428.jpg  

Bout to be back in a bird!!-image-3887288643.jpg  

Quick Reply: Bout to be back in a bird!!