Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Anybody have a set of Lloyd mats in Tan ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 02:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Anybody have a set of Lloyd mats in Tan ?

Looking to order a set of Lloyd mats in tan to match Taupe/tan interior in my 4th gen. Was looking at the Veloruex and Ultimats. From what I have found the closest color is #630 Antelope (Tan) in the Ultimats and #972 Tan for the Velourex. Can anybody confirm if that they have these colors and how they match the carpet ? I've called Llyods and one of their retailers and have not gotten a 100% clear answer. Thanks.
Old 06-16-2014, 11:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just replaced my front mats after 17 years! I went with the classic loop in the smoke color with red thread for the Firebird-Trans Am logo. Was really worried that I had made an error on the color selection, but they looked great! Just grab one of your rear mats, and put it up to your PC monitor and match it against the photo color swatches. That method worked for me. Again, I couldn't be more pleased with the workmanship.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by y2k600f4
Looking to order a set of Lloyd mats in tan to match Taupe/tan interior in my 4th gen.
Off topic, but you're telling me that you have been posting up advice threads on what to look for when buying an F-Body and now that you finally have you haven't bothered to post a thread with pictures of your new car??? Get some pics and post up your new ride!
Old 06-16-2014, 02:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TechCam97
Off topic, but you're telling me that you have been posting up advice threads on what to look for when buying an F-Body and now that you finally have you haven't bothered to post a thread with pictures of your new car??? Get some pics and post up your new ride!
You're absolutely right ! Real bad of me. I have not taken any pics yet; picked up the car Fri. I will get some pics up ASAP....just didn't want to take any pics with those terrible mats
Old 06-16-2014, 06:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 539 Likes on 386 Posts

Two choices, original and Lloyds. 1) My original taupe mats from GM. After so many years I wanted something a little different and chose, 2) black with the red Firebird embroidered (since my car is red). They are Lloyds as I mentioned and the cost was $145. When I want the original mats back in the car, a simple switch. Click on the photos to enlarge properly.
Attachment 456481

Attachment 456482

Last edited by NC01TA; 10-03-2014 at 08:29 AM.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:28 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NC01TA
Two choices, original and Lloyds. 1) My original taupe mats from GM. After so many years I wanted something a little different and chose, 2) black with the red Firebird embroidered (since my car is red). They are Lloyds as I mentioned and the cost was $145. When I want the original mats back in the car, a simple switch. Click on the photos to enlarge properly.
Nice selection on the Lloyd color combination ! I like how they did the red embroidered bird; it looks like they did not fill the outer wings with black thread as show below in the sample from Lloyd. In yours the actual carpet shows thru (not embroidered); did you special request that ?

I am having a hard time matching the neutral/tan/taupe carpet (color names of carpets don't necessary match what they are) . Talked to Lloyd and got some samples from one of the retailers. Tan is definitely not a the correct match, match is more of what they call "neutral" #670 which from what I can tell has some gray tones.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 539 Likes on 386 Posts

Good eyes! I never realized that. No, I didn't make a special request.
I get nervous about color matching too which is why I went with the contrasting black color. Lloyds did a perfect job with my old 911 (tan carpet) but there are indeed so many shades of tan. Hard to match exactly. I am keeping my originals just for this reason.
Even the major 'touch-up' paint companies can't get perfect matches. I once had to make 3 attempts to get the right 'bright red' for my T/A, other than the small touch up tubes from GM. It was always 'off'. Possibly due to fading or age. The same situation could hold true for the carpets color too. The cars are getting old.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

One thing you can do is trim a piece of the carpet and send it in to them to confirm the match. Remove the kickpanel trim that runs from under the dash and along the side of the seat to the rear interior panel. The passenger side has four screws and the driver side has five. Remove this trim piece and there is plenty of spare carpet for you to trim some for a sample.

Quick Reply: Anybody have a set of Lloyd mats in Tan ?