Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Ls2

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 04:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls2

what do you think of and LS2 swap in transam? what kind of complications could I expect? will the origonal tranny fit?
Old 07-29-2005, 04:18 PM
HPP
TECH Enthusiast

Until one of the guys who more expertise in the are comes along, I'm going to guess and say the only complications you will encounter will be to your bank account.

The LS2 should be a direct bolt in replacement, for everything, AFAIK.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The sensor packages on the LS1 and LS2 are different enough that I will say that wiring up an LS2 in an LS1 car would be difficult, unless you went aftermarket for the harness. Maybe send an e-mail to FAST and see what they have to say.

Hope that helps

Josh
Old 07-30-2005, 08:06 AM
Teching In

will then ram air fit work with it as well. sorry if these questions seem stupid, but I am just now learning about domestics. I was strickly and import guy at first (rsx, skyline, ect). But I have always liked tras am. for a while I thought about getting a GTO but i dont feel like spending all that money plus the firebird looks ways better. But to get back on subject i know a little about ls1,ls2 cus I have been researching them since I have been in iraq but I am no expert yet. Also I have been trying to find a white 2002 trans am with the tan interior and t-top but I can only find them in convertable or automatics. Are they just really rare? thanks for all he help guys. I will be comming back to the states in sept and will get a trans am before the end of the year. If anyone know where I can find the car I decribed early for a good price anywhere in the states please let me know. Thanks
Old 07-30-2005, 08:29 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by doc05
will then ram air fit work with it as well. sorry if these questions seem stupid, but I am just now learning about domestics. I was strickly and import guy at first (rsx, skyline, ect). But I have always liked tras am. for a while I thought about getting a GTO but i dont feel like spending all that money plus the firebird looks ways better. But to get back on subject i know a little about ls1,ls2 cus I have been researching them since I have been in iraq but I am no expert yet. Also I have been trying to find a white 2002 trans am with the tan interior and t-top but I can only find them in convertable or automatics. Are they just really rare? thanks for all he help guys. I will be comming back to the states in sept and will get a trans am before the end of the year. If anyone know where I can find the car I decribed early for a good price anywhere in the states please let me know. Thanks
You might have better luck with your questions in the Conversions & Hybrids forum. I'm not trying to run you out of here....just trying to help you get the answers you need.

I've considered this mod too when the LS1 in my 'bird goes sour.

Quick Reply: Ls2