Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Is 12.6 V normal??

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 11:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is 12.6 V normal??

My 04 GTO has a few issues that im hoping you guys could help me out with. The following is what is constantly on the display screen:

1. ABS fault
2. Brake (the handbrake warning is always on)
3. Service engine soon (and no, it wont go off)

Aside from the above, every time i drive the car, sooner or later, the car goes in safe mode and reads "safety mode reduced performance". A quick search on this issue and i hear its because of the throttle position sensor going bad or something. Whenever it does that the car accelerates really slow. I have to turn it off, lock the car with the remote, unlock it, and start it again for it to clear...few mins later...it does it again. Also i constantly get "service error contact dealer" on the display.

Traction control doesn't work. I press the button and nothing happens. It says "trac off" on the display screen.

I did a Tech II scan and the following codes showed (no check engine on display though):

1. P0135 - O2 sensor heater sensor circuit (Bank 1 sensor 1)
2. P0522 - Engine oil sensor low voltage
3. P0523 -
4. 2125 - Accelerator pedal position sensor 2 circuit range / performance. (love to know what this one means. Obviously, it hast to do with the "safety mode reduced performance" mode the car keeps on going in. But what exactly do i have to do to fix this issue)
5. This is regarding ABS - FO: DTC 55 (according to manual it is "rear axle valve solenoid) Again, would love to know what that means and what needs to be done.

Another thing is, i always have to boost start the car. If i turn it off, it will not start unless i boost it.

Checked the voltage through the diagnotic mode and with a multimeter and it is producing 12.6 Volts. Now i am wondering...could all of the above issues be due to the low volatge??? (thats if it is a low voltage).

Thanks a mill for any feedback!

Last edited by Freefallin; 07-04-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was the car running when you got the 12.6v? If not that's normal. It should have 14v at idle. Not sure if that could be the cause of your problem though. Good Luck!
Old 07-04-2013, 10:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good place to start>>> Alternator and Battery. Then clear codes and go from there
Old 07-14-2013, 02:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Weak or questionable battery will cause all sorts of these issues as will loose connections. Check the connectors on the inner passenger fenderwell, it get's loose on some cars.

Quick Reply: Is 12.6 V normal??