Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Brakes... Looking for some input.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 10:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jontall
I have the brackets for those, gonna sell them soon. Front and back from Bohns. It is a more affordable route but the set up suffers from pad hang and it can get pretty noisy driving around. Just not for me.

No luck with the Alcon btw... spoke to some of their distributors they cant find me the kit I need and they estimate even if they did it would take months to get a hold of them as they are pretty much made to order.

AP it is...
Old 05-22-2015, 11:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ViceCityPerformance
I have the brackets for those, gonna sell them soon. Front and back from Bohns. It is a more affordable route but the set up suffers from pad hang and it can get pretty noisy driving around. Just not for me.

No luck with the Alcon btw... spoke to some of their distributors they cant find me the kit I need and they estimate even if they did it would take months to get a hold of them as they are pretty much made to order.

AP it is...
Good luck.

Make sure they drill the front calipers correctly if you have a 05-06 model. I'd rather use the 04 spindle and bolt them straight up.

Also, the only acceptable street pad that stillen can source is from a local company, porterfield. They frown on doing that, will bad mouth ebc and want to give you what they have on the shelf. Porterfield usually doesn't have the 100% correct backing plate, but has something close. In the past, stillen provided a mintex xtreme pad, it was a noise and nvh generator. The best pads have been EBC RED AND YELLOW. They also have green which is dusty but works better at street temps. I suggest the green if you don't drive like ur on a track all day. Ferrodo ds2500 is another acceptable option and are oem spec on the kit from AP.

If you can, get them to build you a custom, radial expanding floater hat for the fronts, you'll thank me later. I may grab a set as well, if they are willing to do it for you.

Last edited by 2QWK4RU 06 GOAT; 05-22-2015 at 11:18 AM.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

This what they look like on my car.
Attached Thumbnails Brakes... Looking for some input.-100_1584.jpg  
Old 05-22-2015, 08:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2QWK4RU 06 GOAT
This what they look like on my car.
They look great. They look big even on a 19 inch wheel.

But PLEASE.....

I dont understand what the issue is with the front calipers and how they perform. Stillen has two seperate kits; one for 04 models the other for 05-06.

Why go from fixed to floater. Fixed is just better for all around performance.
Old 05-23-2015, 05:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ViceCityPerformance
They look great. They look big even on a 19 inch wheel.

But PLEASE.....

I dont understand what the issue is with the front calipers and how they perform. Stillen has two seperate kits; one for 04 models the other for 05-06.

Why go from fixed to floater. Fixed is just better for all around performance.
05-06 models get front calipers drilled to match bolting pattern on spindle.

You ever see a real race car on a fixed hat with over 14" rotors.

Quick Reply: Brakes... Looking for some input.