Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

need help with a custom exhaust on 04!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with a custom exhaust on 04!!

ok first of all i have on 04 goat. i want a split dual exhaust setup with an outlet on each side of the rear bumper. i've decided on spintech mufflers. first off how do i cut the bumper on the other side for the exhaust tip. also spintech makes a catback exhaust for the 04 gto with an outlet on either side of the bumper like i want. would i be able to weld my own tips onto this system or should i get the mufflers and do custom piping? i saw these tips called banshee tips im gona use too they look sweet, idk if any of you have seen them. any input or help is appreciated
Old 07-10-2008, 10:02 AM
10 Second Club

www.pfyc.com has the inserts. I would go with the borla as it comes with sweet dual tips on either side as well as a hanger that bolts right up in a stock hole location on the passenger side. (no welding required) I used an air saw to cut mine and it was not to hard. They have a template for you to use with the banshee inserts, wont take long at all.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:52 PM
Teching In

inserts for cutting bumper? im not sure what you mean. i like the borla but i want the louder sound of the spintech but thanks for the advice