Katech's C6 Vette Build - LS1TECH

Log In 


Project Comments & Discussion Use this forum to discuss Sponsor projects.

Katech's C6 Vette Build

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-05-2007, 11:11 PM   #1
TECH Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
6techniques's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,229
Default Katech's C6 Vette Build

Jason's Katech Street Attack Z06

Wow, that looks really well put together!
Do you have anymore exterior shots?
6techniques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:13 PM   #2
TECH Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
6techniques's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,229
Default

And how much power are you looking to make with it?
And is this a full track car or will it see street duty as well?
6techniques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:10 AM   #3
LS1TECH Sponsor
iTrader: (19)
 
Katech_Jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,917
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6techniques
Jason's Katech Street Attack Z06

Wow, that looks really well put together!
Do you have anymore exterior shots?

It was raining so I don't have more of it lowered. Here it was before mods:







Katech_Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:12 AM   #4
LS1TECH Sponsor
iTrader: (19)
 
Katech_Jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,917
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6techniques
And how much power are you looking to make with it?
And is this a full track car or will it see street duty as well?

It made 609hp/569tq on the engine dyno. It is a street car that will see some road course a little drag racing.
Katech_Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:24 PM   #5
Launching!
iTrader: (3)
 
soulless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: searching for the perfect driving line
Posts: 289
Default

Car looks great man! Could you give a little more detail about the Motul set up? Their website was pretty generic. How much of an improvement in ride and handling?
soulless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:17 PM   #6
TECH Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
Stang's Bane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Mont Belvieu, TX
Posts: 2,647
Default

Incredible Jason!! You are really going all out, aren't ya??

I heard you recently got one from Minnesota to work on, any truth to that??
Stang's Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:27 PM   #7
TECH Senior Member
iTrader: (5)
 
WILWAXU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Sasebo, Japan
Posts: 14,376
Default

Bitch'n car!
WILWAXU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:09 PM   #8
TECH Junkie
iTrader: (9)
 
Fulton 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: WA
Posts: 3,326
Default

Looks badass, Jason. Nice work.
Fulton 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 03:05 PM   #9
LS1TECH Sponsor
iTrader: (19)
 
Katech_Jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,917
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulless
Car looks great man! Could you give a little more detail about the Motul set up? Their website was pretty generic. How much of an improvement in ride and handling?

Thats Moton. It is an incredible improvement over the already amazing Z06's factory handling. It feels like it is on rails. Ride quality does not diminish.
Katech_Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 03:06 PM   #10
LS1TECH Sponsor
iTrader: (19)
 
Katech_Jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,917
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang's Bane
Incredible Jason!! You are really going all out, aren't ya??

I heard you recently got one from Minnesota to work on, any truth to that??

We recently built an engine for a customer whose installer is in Minnesota.
Katech_Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 04:03 PM   #11
Launching!
iTrader: (3)
 
soulless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: searching for the perfect driving line
Posts: 289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katech
Thats Moton. It is an incredible improvement over the already amazing Z06's factory handling. It feels like it is on rails. Ride quality does not diminish.
You mean those aren't cans of brake fluid, damn typo. I was wanting to know how the system works and whats all invloved with installing it.
soulless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:46 AM   #12
LS1TECH Sponsor
iTrader: (19)
 
Katech_Jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,917
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulless
You mean those aren't cans of brake fluid, damn typo. I was wanting to know how the system works and whats all invloved with installing it.
They are 7-way double adjustable coilovers. There are 7 positions of compression and rebound dampening. The canisters are nitrogen charged so you can adjust the pressure on the shock fluid. The spring perches are threaded on the shock body for ride height adjustment. Installing it is pretty easy. They take the place of the stock shocks. Two holes are drilled in the body to pass the fluid lines to the canisters which are mounted in the trunk area. Front canisters are mounted on the radiator upper cover. There is quite a bit of setup time to adjust the ride height. I have initial settings completed, but I still have to get the car on the scales and corner balance it.
Katech_Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:14 PM   #13
12 Second Club
 
67maro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Toledo
Posts: 220
Default

Thats one sick car so its yours? Those are some sick numbers nice work.
67maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:01 PM   #14
12 Second Club
iTrader: (28)
 
patriotformula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Quad Cities, IA
Posts: 858
Default

whoa... that looks serious man.
patriotformula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 07:18 PM   #15
LS1TECH Sponsor
iTrader: (19)
 
Katech_Jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,917
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67maro
Thats one sick car so its yours? Those are some sick numbers nice work.
Thanks. Yes, its mine.
Katech_Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
balancer, installer, kateck

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29 PM.