Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

competition ls1swap autox?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 08:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default competition ls1swap autox?

what classes allow motor swaps? im looking to aim towards one class that way i know what rules to follow. planning on shovin a ls1 in something cheap that i dont screw up the camaro. planning on just a h/c ls1 with a dry sump setup. anybody on here know, kinda new to the sport so i want to start getting headed in the right direction. thanx
Old 09-10-2009, 02:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Theres a rulebook on the scca site.. anything you swap a motor into youll be in a prepared or mod class. unless you swap a ls1 into a lt1 camaro or trans am. You wont screw up your camaro if its set up properly.

I run ESP in my 01 SS. koni 4/4, ground control co's, strano sways, adj PHB. soon to have global west upper control arms and a blaine fab decoupled torque arm for next season.. got to keep up with the jones's. lol as for tire combo i will be running 17x11 zr1's and 315 A6 hoosiers.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:03 AM
TECH Addict

every autox is different. not all follow SCCA rules. find out where youre going to run, get their rules, and build to that.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:33 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lowerthanyou00
im looking to aim towards one class that way i know what rules to follow. planning on shovin a ls1 in something cheap that i dont screw up the camaro.
Sounds like E Mod is what you're looking for. You can do a stripped second gen RX7 / LS1 combo for surprisingly cheap.

I've been around / ridden in such cars. They're animals.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Launching!

I had a dream the other night (don't ask) of a purpose built C-prepared 72 Vega, LS1 swap with a T56 (or maybe so other lighter tranny?). The car is so light you'd probably have to add weight?? Big power, even bigger tires, small footprint and lots o fun......

Quick Reply: competition ls1swap autox?