Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Best budget racing seat for 4th generation Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 12:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best budget racing seat for 4th generation Camaro?

I need some suggestions on a budget seat for my 99 SS. I installed a roll cage and was set on using a Kirkey aluminum seat but I have decided to get something more friendly for the backside. I do not have the time to fab brackets so I want something that can bolt right in. I have looked at the 2 pack of cipher seats but have not heard much about them. I have also looked at the Scat rave series which is pretty much at the extreme top of my budget. My only requirement of the seat is that it is a gray color to match my light gray interior. It is only a weekend driver so I don't need top of the line safety. Any suggestions appreciated.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I got Corbeaus in mine. They make custom seat mounts for various cars. The main problem I foresee for you is that most of their seats don't come in gray.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:00 AM
Staging Lane

Some of those cipher seats look similar to the 6liter seats. Don't know which model you were looking at. I have the 6liter 'race' seats in mine with seat brackets and I do like them 10X better than stock but still wish I had more bolster. Once I put my cage in I'll get a true racing seat. Is your car going to see any street time or just weekend racing?

Btw I don't see them on the 6liter site right now.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I started building it as a drag car,but it was sidelined due to family life. I will try take it to the track occasionally but mostly just street cruising.
The only thing seat related on 6liter site was seat covers as far as I could tell.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You don't have to fab brackets for the Kirkeys, do a search in here for my name, a company makes bolt it brackets for a 4th gen, I have them in my car.

I had Scat/ProCar seats in my 94, Used Corbeau brackets and mounted them.

These were in the 94

http://procarbyscat.com/seats/Sportsman-1606

Last edited by FASTFATBOY; 11-10-2013 at 06:58 AM.

Quick Reply: Best budget racing seat for 4th generation Camaro?