Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

CAM Challenge Autocross Video. 4/30/2016.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 08:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default CAM Challenge Autocross Video. 4/30/2016.

One of those last minute decisions. Late Friday night I decided to go. Saturday started with rain in the morning. I almost went back home, but lucky for me, I stayed. It wasn't that wet when CAM S went out. 3 laps in the morning. 3 laps in the afternoon. Top time of the day and SCCA provided all of us dinner at a very nice restaurant. Wow!
Sunday we had 3 laps to qualify us for the CAM Challenge. I made it through all the rounds and took top time of the day. They take the winners in CAM S, C, and T and race in a PAX format for the winner.
Brett Madsen took his Mustang for the win. I lost by 0.06 came in 2nd. Very well run event. Thanks,

My best run of the weekend.

Steve
Old 05-03-2016, 07:51 AM
On The Tree

Very Nice! You drove that run great, I would love to have seen video from a camera mounted on the side of the car, you were right up on the cones I bet.

I am going to the TX CAM challenge in a few weeks, what was the format like? How many cars were there, it seemed like there were about 70 cars registered...

It always seems like you run on smooth surfaces, I evny that!
Old 05-05-2016, 08:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks Greg. Auto Club Speedway has some big dips. Other then that, it's very smooth. Has very little traction though.

The format for Saturday. 3 laps in the morning. 3 laps in the afternoon. Take your 1 best lap in the morning and add it to your 1 best lap in the afternoon. That's your race. Sunday is a completely different day. Nothing to do with Saturday. You take 3 laps. They count your 1 best lap. This is your qualifying lap for the Challenge. Take the top 16 cars in your class based on your one qualifying lap. Then you are paired with another car. Kinda like drag racing. 1 against 16. 2 against 15 and so on. If you win you move on. Then there's 8 cars left. The pairing at this point makes no sense. Anyhow, you get down to two cars left. The winner of that meets the other two cars from the other classes. It know based on PAX numbers. So you have 3 cars going for the overall winner in the challenge.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:07 AM
On The Tree

Thanks Steve. That's a good explanation. I wonder how they will do it with the low number of entries we have- there are only 7 CAMT cars. So, this isn't like a Pro-Solo event where it's a mirrored course, correct?
Old 05-06-2016, 07:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just one course.

Quick Reply: CAM Challenge Autocross Video. 4/30/2016.