Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Newby to SCCA....

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 07:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Newby to SCCA....

i'm originally from the NH where there isn't much in the road racing dept. I'm stationed here at Ft. Riley, in KS it seems the SCCA is pretty big. I'd love to take my car through cones! Can I just show up at a solo 2 event and race like street night at the drags?
Old 08-08-2004, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Almost, the tech is pretty much the same. Make sure that your local AutoX club doesn't make you pre-register. Make sure that any "loose stuff" is removerd from the interior {floor mats, radar detectors,,, stuff like that}.

Hmmmm, what else???? Carry a air pressure gauge. If you don't have a air compressor, air up to around 42lbs and work your way down. O and BTW, you might have to work corners when you ain't racing.

I'm sure that some others can throw some of the stuff I've missed.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:11 PM
TECH Regular

Just check w/ your local SCCA chapter, some events are pre-registration only some aren't. If you really end up liking the cone killer events you may want to go ahead and get an SCCA membership because the events will be a little cheaper and will let you into the few events that are for members only. Have fun it's very addictive.

Quick Reply: Newby to SCCA....