Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam Questions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 11:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cam Questions?

I have a 02 ls1 z28. Motor is stock except for headers and xpipe. I'm trying to find a good streetable cam. Car is a daily driver but it does get raced every so often. The lift on a stock 02 ls1 is .463 (correct me if I'm wrong)? I was thinking of going with a tick sns stage 2. Looking for something that wont drop the torque How well do they perform? If there's any other better ones then info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-20-2016, 12:02 AM
Teching In

If you get a cam with any kind of cam with lift make sure you also invest in a set of good springs that can had the extra lift. You didn't mention if you have an auto or manual but with a cammed auto you also might want to consider a torque converter upgrade as well. I don't know of your budget but with a cam swap comes other upgrades to make the most of the new cam. As far as which cam there are lots of good companies out there but you will probably see many of us on here recommend cammotion.
Old 07-20-2016, 03:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

The SNS stage 2 is a great choice based on what you've described on what you're looking for
Old 07-20-2016, 12:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You could also check out the Streetsweeper HT cam, but I agree the SNS stage 2 cam would also be a worthy choice.
Old 07-20-2016, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

A tsp 224/224 is a good very streetable cam
Old 07-20-2016, 01:00 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Give us a call at 512-863-0900. We would be happy to go over your set up and help you pick the right combination for your goals. We are currently running an AMAZING cam sale until the end of the month! If you're looking for a cam package now is the time to buy.

Lonnie
POWERBOND - ASP - PRECISION INDUSTRIES - YANK - CIRCLE D - AND MORE!
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900
Old 07-29-2016, 02:41 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 106 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by thumperz28
I have a 02 ls1 z28. Motor is stock except for headers and xpipe. I'm trying to find a good streetable cam. Car is a daily driver but it does get raced every so often. The lift on a stock 02 ls1 is .463 (correct me if I'm wrong)? I was thinking of going with a tick sns stage 2. Looking for something that wont drop the torque How well do they perform? If there's any other better ones then info would be greatly appreciated.
It would be our pleasure to help you out with your camshaft selection. There are many great choices in our Titan series: http://store.cammotion.com/-named-cams

Just let me know if I can help you find the perfect camshaft for your performance goals and desired driving characteristics.

Steven

Originally Posted by roth2000
As far as which cam there are lots of good companies out there but you will probably see many of us on here recommend cammotion.
Thanx. We will keep working hard for you guys.

The Switch Is On To Cam Motion!
40 years of Championship Winning Experience • Superior 8620 Steel Camshaft Cores • Quiet, Smooth & Powerful Lobe Design • Virtually Unlimited Lift and Duration Combinations • Finish Polished For Quiet Operation • Cam Doctor Printout With All Cams
The Industry's Best Customer Service

www.CamMotion.com ☎ 225-926-6110Like Us On Facebook!
Old 12-02-2016, 08:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by roth2000
If you get a cam with any kind of cam with lift make sure you also invest in a set of good springs that can had the extra lift. You didn't mention if you have an auto or manual but with a cammed auto you also might want to consider a torque converter upgrade as well. I don't know of your budget but with a cam swap comes other upgrades to make the most of the new cam. As far as which cam there are lots of good companies out there but you will probably see many of us on here recommend cammotion.
Its a m6 with a upgrade kit in it good for like "500whp" or something like that. stock 241 heads. only mods are intake and exhaust. Not really wanting to throw a bunch of money at it below 500 would be ideal (just for the cam not including springs etc..)
Old 12-03-2016, 09:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

My LS1 brotha go with the either Titan King LS1 or their Big nasty Global Warmer from Cam motion just make sure you have a very good top notched tuner and that's the key.
Old 12-05-2016, 10:15 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 106 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by thumperz28
Looking for something that wont drop the torque
Our customers love the Titan 4. It has great street manners and has power everwhere. You will like this camshaft:

http://store.cammotion.com/the-titan4

The Switch Is On To Cam Motion!
40 years of Championship Winning Experience • Superior 8620 Steel Camshaft Cores • Quiet, Smooth & Powerful Lobe Design • Virtually Unlimited Lift and Duration Combinations • Finish Polished For Quiet Operation • Cam Doctor Printout With All Cams
The Industry's Best Customer Service

www.CamMotion.com ☎ 225-926-6110Like Us On Facebook!

Quick Reply: Cam Questions?