Single Digit Club Running 9s or quicker? Damn!

9 Second Club, First time out

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 02:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts

Default 9 Second Club, First time out

I was finally able to get down to the track to get some test hits on my new setup. I was planning to make some low boost runs and work on the launch and suspension. It was a 3 hour test and tune and we were able to make 6 passes, 2 of which I ran out through the 1/4.

There is still plenty of tuning to do, both on the engine tune as well as the suspension but this was a good starting point, and first outing.

4000 pound raceweight.

First full 1/4 mile pass:

Air Temp: 73.4 degrees
Humidity: 83%
Density Altitude: 2333 Feet
Peak Boost: 187kpa (12.42psi)
Average Boost through Run: 181kpa (11.68psi)
Timing: 16 degrees

Needless to say, the track officials came over to talk to me about my lack of safety equipment. They told me to keep it to 1/8 mile runs. We made two more 1/8 mile hits but I really wanted that 9 second slip on the first outing. We hot lapped the car to get one more run in before the end of the night.

Second full 1/4 mile pass:

Air Temp: 73.4 degrees
Humidity: 83%
Density Altitude: 2333 Feet
Peak Boost: 204kpa (14.88psi)
Average Boost through Run: 197kpa (13.87psi)
Timing: 11 degrees (timing was pulled due to IAT's)

I know there is plenty more in it. Can't wait to turn it up more. I'm guessing the mph wasn't as good on the higher boost pull due to the timing being pulled. Just something that will need to be looked at and evaluated.

Here is a link to the build thread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...-4l80-e85.html
Old 07-13-2014, 04:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did the officals come up to you after your 9 second pass ? or did you get the hell out of there lol
Old 07-13-2014, 05:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by 98MysticGreen
Did the officals come up to you after your 9 second pass ? or did you get the hell out of there lol
They actually came up to me after the 10.10 pass. As I pulled up to get my timeslip, the guy was on the radio. I saw him look in the car and say "no, there's nothing". He handed me the slip and I went on my way. I got back to my pit and within 2 minutes, there was a track official that came over and looked in the car. He mentioned that I didn't have a cage and I just sort of smiled and said, "I didn't think it would go that fast." He complimented the car and said I can run up to 10.90 or as fast as I want to the 1/8.

It was nice for them to allow me to do this.

I went out and made two 1/8 mile hits and then it was last call for the night. I hot lapped the car to have my opportunity at my 9 second pass. I got my timeslip from the booth and I said, thank you and have a good night.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Only ERO's
They actually came up to me after the 10.10 pass. As I pulled up to get my timeslip, the guy was on the radio. I saw him look in the car and say "no, there's nothing". He handed me the slip and I went on my way. I got back to my pit and within 2 minutes, there was a track official that came over and looked in the car. He mentioned that I didn't have a cage and I just sort of smiled and said, "I didn't think it would go that fast." He complimented the car and said I can run up to 10.90 or as fast as I want to the 1/8.

It was nice for them to allow me to do this.

I went out and made two 1/8 mile hits and then it was last call for the night. I hot lapped the car to have my opportunity at my 9 second pass. I got my timeslip from the booth and I said, thank you and have a good night.
Very nice sir !

Quick Reply: 9 Second Club, First time out