Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

tbi to carb

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 06:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tbi to carb

NEED HELP FAST
Ive recently swapped my 93 k15 tbi to a Rochester quadrojet and I'm having a few problems
1. The truck starts and idles at 2,000 rpms and moves up to 2,700 but once put in drive it drops to 900 then dies
2. If I adjust the idle screw even in the slightest it refuses to idle at all
3. After about 30 seconds of idle my headers glow bright red

I have all my ground wires hooked up and pulled back anything that was involved fuel management (throttle position sensor, map sensor, ect) I don't know if I did anything wrong or the carb needs rebuilt or Wat

Last edited by new_to_old; 02-01-2017 at 04:41 AM. Reason: misspelling
Old 04-17-2017, 07:31 AM
Teching In

The headers glowing makes me think you're way too lean for starters. Why ditch the TBI? I've heard of people having great results using Morse machine to bore out the TBI to 46mm holes, and running Harris performance pump and 18psi spring to get the same airflow as a 650cfm carb, and still retaining the efi ability to slightly self-adjust... just curious as to your reasoning.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:33 AM
Teching In

Another piece of the puzzle, are you still using the factory ignition? Wonder if the ecu is trying to control timing and getting confused since there's no other input from the other sensors.

Quick Reply: tbi to carb