Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

moving to Ga.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 03:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default moving to Ga.

I am thinking about moving to northwest Ga. Looking for any info i can find. Drag strips, Clubs, Realtors, suggestions were to live or not to live. I will be working in Dalton Ga, I would think a 45 min radius would be fine. Thanking you guys in advance any help would be appreciated
Old 05-02-2005, 04:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

hey man and welcome to the southern section...dalton is a great place to live and its definetly cheaper than anywhere closer to atlanta.but it is small..the rule of thumb is the farther out you live...basically the less expensive it is. Probably the closest strip to you would be in Steele, AL...AL International Dragway ...as far as realtors...just open the phonebook and point..they are everywhere..PM me if you want and I can give you the name of ours..she was great...

The long and short of it is...what do you wanna do when you move here and how close do you wanna be to everything. Are you married..kids..etc..PM me if you want any specific info or if I can help in anyway...

Ben
Old 05-02-2005, 04:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by lnuxhakr
hey man and welcome to the southern section...dalton is a great place to live and its definetly cheaper than anywhere closer to atlanta.but it is small..the rule of thumb is the farther out you live...basically the less expensive it is. Probably the closest strip to you would be in Steele, AL...AL International Dragway ...as far as realtors...just open the phonebook and point..they are everywhere..PM me if you want and I can give you the name of ours..she was great...

The long and short of it is...what do you wanna do when you move here and how close do you wanna be to everything. Are you married..kids..etc..PM me if you want any specific info or if I can help in anyway...

Ben
Man that drag strip is 130 miles away. Someone told that there was one in Chattanooga and Atlanta. Do you live in Dalton? What about the street scene, cruzing, drive in's, street racing, hot rod shows, rod runs

Last edited by slow ride; 05-02-2005 at 05:10 PM.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slow ride
Man that drag strip is 130 miles away. Someone told that there was one Chattanooga and Atlanta. Do you live in Dalton? What about the street scene, cruzing, drive in's, street racing, hot rod shows, rod runs
Could very well be one closer in TN..I live in NE GA..but have alot of friends in Dalton/Rome in the past...
Old 05-02-2005, 09:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

you could try cartersville. Its about 45 mins south of Dalton and about 45 mins north of Atlanta. The closest drag strip I know of is Dallas which is a shitty 1/8th mile track. I would say its about 30 mins from cartersville.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:51 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you move to Dalton , you can get a heck of a deal on carpet!
Old 05-03-2005, 09:21 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by badjuju342
If you move to Dalton , you can get a heck of a deal on carpet!
Thats funny. The wife works for SHAW carpet
Old 05-03-2005, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't know much about the Dalton area but go to Streetcarforums.com and check it out. There is a huge crowd in the Dalton/Chatanooga area. They own that place like Texas owns LS1tech. I talked to the owner of SCF and he's a real cool guy. HE lives up in that area. I also spoke to a couple F-body owners in that area when they came down to ATL for a event. Check it out.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ZR2877
I don't know much about the Dalton area but go to Streetcarforums.com and check it out. There is a huge crowd in the Dalton/Chatanooga area. They own that place like Texas owns LS1tech. I talked to the owner of SCF and he's a real cool guy. HE lives up in that area. I also spoke to a couple F-body owners in that area when they came down to ATL for a event. Check it out.
Thanks. This is the type of info I am looking for. Please keep it comming. I dont want to move somewere its dead.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:24 PM
12 Second Club

There is another track up 75 just over the Tennessee line called Braynard. I don't think that is too far from you. I am not sure if it is 1/8 or 1/4 mile though.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks. This is the type of info I am looking for. Please keep it comming. I dont want to move somewere its dead.
No problem. Did you get a chance to check it out yet?
Old 05-04-2005, 08:08 PM
Launching!

No problem. Did you get a chance to check it out yet?
Yes I did thanks. Metal beast has pointed out that there is a 1/8 mile in ringgold called brainerd and I found a 1/4 mile in Atlanta. Still looking for some local info. There a few guys in chatsworth and kennasaw I would like to hear from them. But hears the big question how do they treat guys from the west coast? I dont want move out there and be some kind of outcast.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:49 PM
Launching!

TTT Thanks for the guys that replied. I have seen more responces on a guy with a bucket on his head.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:02 PM
TECH Addict

Location: sojourning....looking for my city whose builder and maker is God.

TTT Thanks for the guys that replied. I have seen more responces on a guy with a bucket on his head.
LOL guess that is how they are treating a guy from the West Coast. lol Sorry, I couldn't resist that.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:30 PM
12 Second Club

Listen to this guy.... Go to the Street Car Forums and you will find out all you will need to know. I live a little more north than you but in the general area. Anyways, enjoy GA.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:18 PM
Launching!

Still looking for a realtor? My mother just got her realestate liscense and is working for a great company.....Ascot Realty send me a pm if you would like any info
Old 05-19-2005, 08:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes I did thanks. Metal beast has pointed out that there is a 1/8 mile in ringgold called brainerd and I found a 1/4 mile in Atlanta. Still looking for some local info. There a few guys in chatsworth and kennasaw I would like to hear from them. But hears the big question how do they treat guys from the west coast? I dont want move out there and be some kind of outcast.

The tar and feathers will wear off in a few months and then you'll be cool with the locals..
Old 05-19-2005, 12:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by slt200mph
The tar and feathers will wear off in a few months and then you'll be cool with the locals..
LOL that was funny and probably true. I was just looking for some of that southern hospitality I hear so much about.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

People down here are cool..there are great people nationwide..but likewise there are jerks and a$$holes sprinkled throughout the entire population nationwide ..hardly anyone get tared and feathered anymore
Old 05-19-2005, 12:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by slt200mph
People down here are cool..there are great people nationwide..but likewise there are jerks and a$$holes sprinkled throughout the entire population nationwide ..hardly anyone get tared and feathered anymore
Do you run your car at Atlanta? if so how meny runs can you get in a afternoon. Or do you recomend a differnt track.

Quick Reply: moving to Ga.