Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

That powdercoating place...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 02:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default That powdercoating place...

Does anyone know how much the powdercoating place by Exhaust Wizzard charges per wheel?
Old 01-13-2006, 02:52 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

R U going to powder coat your rims purple or green?

edit* David, we all go through the phase of trying to "make it better." Don't fug up a really nice ride. Funky color rims (or black rims on that truck )

If you have to, put a billet grill on it and leave it alone. Put gas in it and save your money for other stuff, like prostitutes and stuff. Don't try to add horsepower to it.... just drive it. It's a pick-up truck.

I may be way out of line, but I'm trying to save at least one person from the damage that youth brings. Spending on frivolous things.

Last edited by FIREHAWK#608; 01-13-2006 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-13-2006, 03:04 PM
TECH Veteran

I think its 40.00 per wheel.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK#608
R U going to powder coat your rims purple or green?

edit* David, we all go through the phase of trying to "make it better." Don't fug up a really nice ride. Funky color rims (or black rims on that truck )

If you have to, put a billet grill on it and leave it alone. Put gas in it and save your money for other stuff, like prostitutes and stuff. Don't try to add horsepower to it.... just drive it. It's a pick-up truck.

I may be way out of line, but I'm trying to save at least one person from the damage that youth brings. Spending on frivolous things.
I'm not gonna touch the truck man. It's my parent's vehicle. I have another ride in store coming up here soon and want to do black wheels with polished center and lip...
Old 01-13-2006, 09:29 PM
Banned

If you get the entire wheel done one color then it is 40-45. If he has to do any taping or cutting (PC just the centers) its like 60-65.

www.millerpowdercoating.com
Billy Miller 770-931-1505
Old 01-13-2006, 11:00 PM
TECH Addict

That's a whole lot cheaper than i thought! Thanks for the help! Oh, and how soon can you get them back? does anyone have 1st hand exp. with them?
Old 01-13-2006, 11:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

they did zeeman's wheels I believe....

I have never had any wheels done by them... Keystone did my 78 t/a wheels...

but I did have all my front suspension on my 78 powdercoated by them
Old 01-13-2006, 11:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

really good work...
Old 01-13-2006, 11:38 PM
TECH Addict

Yup. that's the color.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:30 AM
Banned

Took them a little over a week for mine but he took his sweet time taping and prepping so yours should be faster
Old 01-14-2006, 08:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Earth calling David..FYI..why don't you just call the guy that is going to do the work instead of letting someone price his work for him..he may have changed his pricing ect.,ect...dealing with the actual person is usually the best way to find out the price of work to be performed...this is Uncle Steve's hot roddin tip of the day..
Old 01-14-2006, 08:54 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by slt200mph
Earth calling David..FYI..why don't you just call the guy that is going to do the work instead of letting someone price his work for him..he may have changed his pricing ect.,ect...dealing with the actual person is usually the best way to find out the price of work to be performed...this is Uncle Steve's hot roddin tip of the day..
I was aiming to hear what some people who have used them before say about them. That way I know quality, flexibility, time, etc. Thanks tho.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

They do work for GMMG that says enough about their quality.. always check with the jobber for prices on their work..there are situations sometimes surrounding work done for other people that may not apply to you..Miller's Powder Coating has had a ton of positive posts about them on here for a long time..they are well known in the local hot rod community..ooopps ..my bad..I forgot your are usually in the truck section.. ..have you got those high performance floor mats for the project outlaw yet..
Old 01-14-2006, 11:24 AM
LSX Mechanic

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ba78ta

really good work...
DUDE. What kind of camera did you take those pics with?
Old 01-14-2006, 11:49 AM
TECH Addict

They do work for GMMG that says enough about their quality.. always check with the jobber for prices on their work..there are situations sometimes surrounding work done for other people that may not apply to you..Miller's Powder Coating has had a ton of positive posts about them on here for a long time..they are well known in the local hot rod community..ooopps ..my bad..I forgot your are usually in the truck section.. ..have you got those high performance floor mats for the project outlaw yet..
The truck isn't my project... it's my parents ride that i'm using until i buy a new car... which still prob. won't be the Outlaw... but trust me, I've got something in mind.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by outlaw 5.3
The truck isn't my project... it's my parents ride that i'm using until i buy a new car... which still prob. won't be the Outlaw... but trust me, I've got something in mind.

All my salesmen do too... they are called "mind deals"...unfortunately commissions are not paid on mind deals..they only get paid when they are bustin bugs and burnin gas..
Old 01-14-2006, 10:48 PM
TECH Addict

All my salesmen do too... they are called "mind deals"...unfortunately commissions are not paid on mind deals..they only get paid when they are bustin bugs and burnin gas..
See, I finally got it thru my head that its not good to own a fast car without a DD to back it up. And all I have the money for now is the DD... so hopefully once I get a better job, etc. I can get the project car. I just don't wanna go out and buy a high-mileage, low priced, pos thats gonna suck every dollar from my wallet without having something to drive to work and school.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Damian
DUDE. What kind of camera did you take those pics with?

nikon 4300 I think... it is in my dorm and I am home for the weekend... but that is on about half resolution.. it has good enough resolution to take HUGE pictures.. I will check it out for sure when I go back to school monday.. but.. I am pretty sure its the 4300

I love the camera though. and it wasn't even too expensive...

Old 01-15-2006, 09:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Out1aw
See, I finally got it thru my head that its not good to own a fast car without a DD to back it up. And all I have the money for now is the DD... so hopefully once I get a better job, etc. I can get the project car. I just don't wanna go out and buy a high-mileage, low priced, pos thats gonna suck every dollar from my wallet without having something to drive to work and school.

Oh..I see..what you are saying is that you do not have a vehicle that needs parts powder coated.. ..this was just a typing excersize..
Old 01-15-2006, 10:44 AM
TECH Addict

Oh..I see..what you are saying is that you do not have a vehicle that needs parts powder coated.. ..this was just a typing excersize..
No, my upcoming DD is going to need the wheels done.

Quick Reply: That powdercoating place...