Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Only 2 built

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 12:42 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Only 2 built

I am looking for the other 1999 Hugger Orange Camaro SS, hard top, M6 with Chrome wheels. I know where one is. I am just curious where the other one is.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mmmmm, one of them is 2G1FP22GXX2131823. It's also a 1LE.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:47 PM
FormerVendor

That must be the other one. My boss ownes 1 of the 2. How were you able to find that VIN?
Old 03-07-2011, 01:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i wonder if mine came with chrome rims,its a hardtop,6speed,hugger ss.
i would have thought more than 2 people would have ordered chrome zr1s
Old 03-07-2011, 01:57 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by fly pantera
i wonder if mine came with chrome rims,its a hardtop,6speed,hugger ss.
i would have thought more than 2 people would have ordered chrome zr1s
Yea you would have to send that over to SLP and see what SLP options the car came with.

My boss and I both were wondering the same thing about the wheels. Hugger Orange looks so good with chrome wheels it seems like more hard top cars would have been ordered with chrome.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jeremy@RPMTransmissions
That must be the other one. My boss ownes 1 of the 2. How were you able to find that VIN?
I saved the VIN # and pictures of the car when it was for sale on ebay or another classified site. It barely had any miles on it, like around 8 miles. You just got lucky that I had it lol.

Chrome wheels were RPO code N98. The wheels for '99 SSes should show up on the regular GM order and not be specific to SLP necessarily. I suppose it's possible you could have the car originally equipped with silver painted and opt for SLP's optional chrome ones. Don't know.

The car I mentioned above had N98 and chrome ZR1s in the pics.

How did you come up with 1 of 2?
Old 03-07-2011, 03:41 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Brangeta
I saved the VIN # and pictures of the car when it was for sale on ebay or another classified site. It barely had any miles on it, like around 8 miles. You just got lucky that I had it lol.

Chrome wheels were RPO code N98. The wheels for '99 SSes should show up on the regular GM order and not be specific to SLP necessarily. I suppose it's possible you could have the car originally equipped with silver painted and opt for SLP's optional chrome ones. Don't know.

I was under the impresssion that all 96-00 SLP cars were shipped with painted wheels and SLP switched to the chrome ones if the customer opted too. But I am probably wrong

My boss broke the numbers down from SLPs data and ended up with 1 of 2 Hugger Orange SS, M6, hard top with chrome wheels.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everyone gets all hung up on my car is 1 of .... based on these options. Give me a break, things like color, trans, T-top,vert ect fine but to break it down, well mine came with these wheels or without a rear defrost gets a little excessive IMO...
Old 03-07-2011, 08:42 PM
Teching In

Post up the pics please, I would love to see them.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SOM02WS6
Everyone gets all hung up on my car is 1 of .... based on these options. Give me a break, things like color, trans, T-top,vert ect fine but to break it down, well mine came with these wheels or without a rear defrost gets a little excessive IMO...
For the most part, I actually agree with you, but in this case, besides the chrome wheels, everything about this car being rare makes it pretty unusual and desireable. I'd personally rather have chrome wheels, so, in my opinion, that's a valid breakdown.

Here's pics of the one I mentioned earlier.

Old 03-08-2011, 01:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Not trying to take anything away from the car. It looks great and 1LE cars are hard to come by... That thing is clean...
Old 03-08-2011, 03:46 AM
TECH Regular

thats so clean
Old 03-08-2011, 05:14 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by kevin99hoss
thats so clean
It oughtta be:

[QUOTE=Brangeta;14603576]It barely had any miles on it, like around 8 miles. [QUOTE]
Old 03-08-2011, 09:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

I did doublecheck; and it was being sold with just 8 miles on it!
Old 03-08-2011, 09:37 AM
12 Second Club

wow I'd love to have one.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:43 AM
FormerVendor

I did doublecheck; and it was being sold with just 8 miles on it!
Thats crazy. Did they post a better picture of the SLP option sticker? A friend of mine did an auto check on the car and the VIN has been inactive sense 2004. Was the ebay auction after 04?
Old 03-08-2011, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

I guess my info and pic hoarding is coming in pretty handy... Here's the text from the original ad on ebay...

Title: 1999 1LE SS CAMARO COPO AUTOCROSS 8 ACTUAL MILES
Mileage: 8 miles
Vehicle Information
VIN: 2G1FP22GXX2131823 | See the free Vehicle History Report
Inspection: InspectedInspected
Warranty: No
Vehicle title: Clear
Condition: New
For sale by: Private seller
Features
Body type: Coupe Engine: 8 Cylinder 5.7 Liter Exterior color: Orange
Transmission: Manual Fuel type: Gasoline Interior color: Black
Disability equipped: No

1999 Hugger Orange 1LE SS, 1 of 8 made with only 8 original miles. This car has never been driven, has all original paper work. It has been stored in climate control since new. It still has plastic on the seats, antenna cover, inspection on windshield, perfect in every way! Features all Chevy options and all SLP options. Super Chevy winner multiple times, scored 1000 out of 1000 points at Worldwide Camaro Association in 2002. This is one of the rarest Camaro's ever made! Must see to believe. Would make a nice MUSEUM PIECE.

CAR OPTIONS

1LE Performace Package: Includes special handling suspension system, including larger stabilizer bars, stiffer springs, dual adjustable shock absorbers & brushings & power steering cooler (Regs 15d & q c tires) (with MXO Trans Regs GV5 axle) (Intended for serious Performance Enthusiasts only!)

V12 Power Steering Cooler: (Intended For Gymkhana Autocross-type Applications) (Included W/1LE & WU8 Performance Packages)

WU8 SS Performace / Appearance Package: Incls 320HP, forced air induction hood, specific SS spoiler, 17" aluminum wheels, 215/40zr17 Goodyear Eagle F1 tires, high performance ride & handling pk. Incls 3:23 axle w/MXO, 3:42 axle w/MNG N/A W/Y3F sport appearance pk.

YK3 Front License Plate Bracket
U13 12 Disc CD Changer (N/A W/UNO)
C49 Electric Rear Window De Fogger

SLP OPTIONS

17" x 9" Chrome-Plated, Five Spoke Aluminum Wheel: (SLP offer a light weight, chrome-plated wheel for 1999 that includes a 3 YR 36,000 mile limited warranty on the chrome finish. Wheel center cap design features "SS" Logo.)

Auburn High Tourque Performance Differential: (Offer enhanced traction & helps reduce defferential operating temperatures under certain driving conditions. This system, which features a Unique American axle manufacturing aluminum rear axle cover design, detects variance in the gripping force of each rear tire and redistributes the engine load as road conditions change, thereby enhancing vehicle stability and performance.)

Premium Front Floor Mats: (Heavy duty, custom fitted carpeting w/aggressive nubs to hold mats firmly in place.)

Performance Exhaust System W/Dual 1-Dual Outlets (327 HP): (Stainless steel system features dual outlets w/two exhaust tips on each side, which provides the authoritative "exhaust note" and aggressive profile enthusiasts want. A freer-flowing muffler & associated hardware, combined w/proprietary SLP technology, help increase engine output to 327 horsepower!)

Custom Fitted Car Cover: (Premium grade weatherable, water-resistant fabric. Provides protection from the elements for todays Hottest Collectable car. Includes: cable, lock, tote bag w/silkscreened Camaro SS graphics.)

Two Camaro SS Key Fobs And (one) Dash Plaque: For that final touch of distinction, SLP offers a high quality set of Key Fobs and attractive Camaro SS plaque mounted on the dash. Castrol "Syntec" High Performance Lubricants Package

1LE - Performance Package: (CHEVROLET SHOWROOM STOCK RACE CAR) The Camaro 1LE was built for SCCA, IMSA, Autocross and Pro Solo racing circuits. Koni Double adjustable racing shocks, higher rate bushings, stiffer coil springs, larger 32MM front sway bar, beefier transmission mount, power steering cooler and aluminium driveshaft..!

I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO END THIS AUCTION EARLY, AS THIS VEHICLE IS BEING ADVERTISED LOCALLY.

Deposit amount of $2000.00 is due within 24 hours of auction end time via Paypal. Remainder of purchase price is due in full within 3 days of auction end time. Payment methods accepted are cash on pickup or certified cashier's check.

If you have any questions please call Steve at 828-421-1066
The pictures I saved say they were modified December 1, 2009 according to the right click>properties screen but created October 13, 2010. I don't know which is the right date. I personally think the 2009 date. It was definitely on ebay based on the text I saved.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:42 AM
TECH Regular

That color looks amazing on a camaro.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts

Interesting, unlike on the Firebird, 1LE didn't require M6 or SS from '98-'00.

CompNine's breakdown of '99 HO 1LE Camaros shows:

11 were M6, 2 were A4 (one of the A4s was an SS).

Will have to dig a little further to determine how many of those 11 M6s were SS.

Of the '99 SS 1LE Camaros:

7 were M6, 1 was A4 (the HO).

Again, need to dig a little further to determine the overlap of HO/M6/SS/1LE. CompNine is down for a few days, I'll edit this post when I have the info.

Last edited by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag; 03-09-2011 at 10:28 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:41 PM
11 Second Club

That thing is IMMACULATE.

It really needs to be dropped though, it's sitting way too high.

Quick Reply: Only 2 built