Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Driving Lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 02:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Driving Lights

I have a '96 Z28 and on my 2000 There are always those amber driving lights that come on when you start the car and stay on while you drive. This doesn't happen in the Z28...I have to turn that control **** to the right to get them to come on.

I wanted to know if there was a way that you could hook it up so that when you start the car the driving lights come on and when you turn it off, they shut off like those of the later 4th gens.

Anyone have a solution? Or can point me to a write-up?
Old 11-24-2008, 02:48 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

It is refreshing to find someone asking how to add Daytime Running Lights (DRL) rather than how to disable them.

There is a universal DRL kit available from webelectricproducts.com - the same people who make sequential turn signal kits.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks man I just love how they look when you drive.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
It is refreshing to find someone asking how to add Daytime Running Lights (DRL) rather than how to disable them.
Couldn't agree more. It's so much easier to see a car with DRLs. I don't understand what's not to like about them anyway. I defiantly understand a desire to be able to disable them at times on some vehicles (where they use the main headlight as the DRL). But during normal driving? Why no DRL?

Meh, doesn't matter for me anyway I guess. DRLs are the law here in Canada.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:16 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i definitely agree with both you guys.. DRL's actually give the car a more distinctive look, and honestly i don't see what the problem with them is at all...
theres an entire website devoted to getting rid of DRLs. lmao.