Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Monsoon stereo face color and lock code

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 10:52 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Monsoon stereo face color and lock code

Hello,
My 2000 SS Monsoon stereo recently started throwing the "Err" when trying to play CDs. I'm trying to locate a replacement. I heard that up through 1999, the Monsoon units had a gray plastic faceplate and then from 2000-02, the faceplate was black. Is that true?

Also, if I buy a replacement unit from someone on this forum, or from ebay, will the unit work as is, or do I have to enter some sort of lock code? If so, How do I know what the code is and how do I enter it?

I would appreciate some help with this.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Old 07-02-2009, 12:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey what part of Alabama u in I got the factory monsoon out of a 02 Camaro if you are interested. I think that the radio has a lock code specific to each car so I think you would need the vin for whatever car it comes from. Why not just go aftermarket cd player. Oh the faceplate for the one I have is black.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The lock feature only engages if the person has set it up..
Old 07-02-2009, 06:33 AM
Teching In

Default Lock code

So, if the person who removes the unit doesn't program a code, then the unit will work in another car with no problems? Am I understanding correctly?
Thanks.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:35 AM
Teching In

Default Asking price for head unit

Originally Posted by BigBirdLS1
Hey what part of Alabama u in I got the factory monsoon out of a 02 Camaro if you are interested. I think that the radio has a lock code specific to each car so I think you would need the vin for whatever car it comes from. Why not just go aftermarket cd player. Oh the faceplate for the one I have is black.
Hey BigBird LS1...I'm near Birmingham. I'm interested in your 02 Monsoon. What is your asking price?
Old 07-02-2009, 11:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by southernx201
So, if the person who removes the unit doesn't program a code, then the unit will work in another car with no problems? Am I understanding correctly?
Thanks.
Yes and the the dealer has a master code as well, so if you hook it up in your car and it doesnt work you can take it to them and just tell them when you changed your battery it locked up..
Old 07-02-2009, 06:47 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking ERR code

About 3 months ago mine started doing the same thing....it would say "Err" and then spit out the cd. My battery eventually died because the ejecting motor was staying on. After my battery died it pretty much reset itself. You should try disconnecting the battery cable and see if that helps. Good luck
Old 07-02-2009, 10:35 PM
Teching In

Default ERR Code

Thanks. I'll try that. I've already pulled the fuse and re-inserted it and that didn't help.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:38 AM
Teching In

Default Mewalker2: tried disconnecting power supply

I pulled the fuse. The ejecting "motor" now stays off, but it still won't play a cd. Still get the Err message. At least it won't run the battery down till I can find a new unit.