Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

driving lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 08:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 239 Posts

Default driving lights

i am looking for replacement lights for the front round clear bumper lights. i would prefer LED lights but if not available will take the best replacement other then stock. Any one know where to get some?
Old 07-19-2009, 08:30 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

You mean the fog lights? Those are Halogen. There aren't any commercially available LEDs that are bright as Halogen fog lights and headlights yet. Also, there aren't any that are plug-and-play for the fog light housings on the T/A, so you'd have to do something custom. Either way, they won't be as bright. There are a couple cars with LED headlights, but those LEDs are expensive and not readily available (pretty much only big manufacturers can get them).

I have seen some LED fog light housings at Pep Boys, but they aren't the same size/shape as ours and they aren't as bright as Halogen. They aren't using the same bright LEDs as the Lexus 600H for example.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 239 Posts

I just need to change them for something that fits right. Before I buy new oem ones, i will pull them out and route my ram air there.