Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Replaced speakers and deleted others...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 12:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Replaced speakers and deleted others...

So i recently purchased an 02 camaro and every speaker was wore out/blown. i went out and purchased some speakers not knowing the details and depth of the requirements of the factory monsoon system. i.e. the seperate circuits of the tweeter and mid for the door speakers, and the sail panel woofer speakers. also, everything being rated in 2ohms. so, after some research i decided to use what i had. what could it hurt, you know. i used kenwood 6.5" kfc-1682IE 240w peak power for the doors, kenwood 4" kfc-1062s for the rear hatch and a 10" jl i had laying around for the sub. the kenwood 6.5" 's have a seperate wire set for the tweeter and mid speaker. i just hard wired those into the existing wiring from the previous door speakers. i took the wiring from the sail panel speakers and routed them back to the hatch area, running the sub. i just wired in the kenwood 4" 's in the factory postions in the rear hatch. after adjusting the hu settings, it sounds amazing! i was very pleased. it has enough adjustability where it has great mids, highs, and bass. everything was used in conjunction with the factory hu and amplifier. i just wanted to post this to show that it doesnt take a lot of money to make the setup sound great.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:44 PM
TECH Resident

i just ordered those kfc-1682ie of of ebay for $55 im glad they sound good.. and thanks for Post
Old 07-27-2009, 03:30 PM
On The Tree

no problem. i was kinda unsure about using those since they are 4ohm and the factory are 2ohm but when i wired them up and mounted them they sounded really good. they werent quiet or anything like what i have read on other posts from other speaker types. good luck with the install. if you have any q's pm me.