Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

What do yall think of these for replacement sail panel subs in a monsoon system?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 01:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What do yall think of these for replacement sail panel subs in a monsoon system?

found replacement woofers for bazooka bass tubes 6" size

now bazooka doesn't publish specs for the individial woofer except for 4ohm DVC but looking at the bass tube specs these look like they could be decent and better than the Kicker CVT6.5. take a look:

EL604 (bazooka 6" subtube)
Key Features
Car Speaker Type Component
Elements 1-Way
Car Speaker Function Subwoofer
Size 6"
Nominal Power Handling 6 Watt RMS
Powered Non-Powered
Technical Features
Peak Power Handling 100 Watt
Frequency Response 39 Hz - 1.5 kHz
Sensitivity 103 dB
Impedance 4 ohm (Dual Coil)
Components
Woofer Material Paper
Surround Material Foam
Mounting
Enclosure Enclosed
Miscellaneous
UPC 007520004068

what I like is the sensitivity rating of 103db as these should really pound with the stock monsoon amp. Kickers have much less sensitivity and higher rms and peak dont think the monsoon puts out much power anyway. about $34.00 each. what do yall think but please no comments like ditch the monsoon etc as I am keeping it but improving it incrementally.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guarantee you that they do not both have that sensitivity (at either 1w/1m OR 2.83v/1m) AND reach down to 39Hz. I'll be you it's at least 10dB lower @ 1w/1m, and 39Hz is probably the F6 or even F10 point where frequency response is traditionally measured at the F3 point.

Also, 6 watts, lol.

Bazooka is crap. Always has been and probably always will be.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dragonrage
I guarantee you that they do not both have that sensitivity (at either 1w/1m OR 2.83v/1m) AND reach down to 39Hz. I'll be you it's at least 10dB lower @ 1w/1m, and 39Hz is probably the F6 or even F10 point where frequency response is traditionally measured at the F3 point.

Also, 6 watts, lol.

Bazooka is crap. Always has been and probably always will be.
on further research it looks like 6-100 watts/channel amp is what is recommended
lol @ 6 watts too but these are probably the specs of the amp in the bass tube and not the specs of the woofer itself. Just to be clear the above specs are for the bass tube itself and not the woofer as bazooka does not publish the woofer specs.

Last edited by CarolinaCamaro; 08-12-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:52 PM
On The Tree

"100 watts gets this sub pumping, thanks to the super efficient Bass Tubes Enclosure . Which means you don't have to break the bank finding a huge amp to drive it with. Also a great contender for multi-channel setups, this would be a great sub to use with a 4 channel amplifier to setup a great sounding, easy to install system. " from bazooka site
Old 08-12-2009, 03:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That "bass tube enclosure" is definitely not "super efficient"

All I can say is try them if you want. I would be very much disappointed.

By the way, that Kicker you mentioned sucks, too. But I'd easily pick it over Bazooka.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:12 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by CarolinaCamaro
found replacement woofers for bazooka bass tubes 6" size

now bazooka doesn't publish specs for the individial woofer except for 4ohm DVC but looking at the bass tube specs these look like they could be decent and better than the Kicker CVT6.5.
Ian at Kee Audio found these a long while back. All the specs are on the Bazooka site - you just have to dig.

If you want the Bazooka tube replacements, Kee Audio can hook you up with a price that will probably beat what you can get with a local dealer.