Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Replace factory monsoon speakers with what ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 05:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replace factory monsoon speakers with what ?

I'm looking to replace my crappy Monsoon factory speakers all the way around but I don't know what will sound the best. I want to add no amps or anything in the car. Is that possible to run new speakers off the stock head unit or how does powering new speakers work ? If I'm not mistaken the Monsoon system has built in amps, can I use them with new speakers or is that not possible ? Will new speakers work off the stock head unit or if I take the speakers out am I left with nothing to power the new speakers ? I'm lost on this but just wanting something that sounds really good and has nice all around sound without having to add anything in the car. (I just don't want to add weight). Hell if I have to add amps and **** for new speakers I'll just pull the head unit and speakers out and continue with my car's diet and add gauges in the head unit area.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:01 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a specific package I do for F-bodies that I've been doing for awhile now. They work well with the stock system and you simply replace the speakers in the factory locations. I am currently out of what I use for the Firebird sail panel speakers but do have ones that will work with the Camaro's SVC sails. In fact you get CDT speakers for the doors and sails with JVC 4" coaxials for the rear. The package replaces all your speakers for $259.00 shipped to the lower 48 states.
http://www.keeaudio.com/fbodyspeakers.html
I am changing the status on my website back to in stock for Camaro application. For those with Firebirds you can use this package as well but you will lose about -2db from the sail panels using a SVC woofer in the sails. Not a huge loss but I thought it should be noted.

Last edited by KEE AUDIO; 05-26-2010 at 07:07 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have the speaker package mentioned above and love it, way better than stock. You may want to think about ditching your stock head unit too.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:52 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
I have a specific package I do for F-bodies that I've been doing for awhile now. They work well with the stock system and you simply replace the speakers in the factory locations. I am currently out of what I use for the Firebird sail panel speakers but do have ones that will work with the Camaro's SVC sails. In fact you get CDT speakers for the doors and sails with JVC 4" coaxials for the rear. The package replaces all your speakers for $259.00 shipped to the lower 48 states.
http://www.keeaudio.com/fbodyspeakers.html
I am changing the status on my website back to in stock for Camaro application. For those with Firebirds you can use this package as well but you will lose about -2db from the sail panels using a SVC woofer in the sails. Not a huge loss but I thought it should be noted.
What is the difference between this package and the one for $379 on your site ?
Old 05-27-2010, 01:14 PM
Banned

The Premium has better front components that handle more power and have a cast frame instead of stamped steel. They also have a larger magnet and voice coil on them.
The rear hatch speakers are CDT as well instead of the JVC 4" coaxials for rear fill.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:32 PM
TECH Regular

The Premium has better front components that handle more power and have a cast frame instead of stamped steel. They also have a larger magnet and voice coil on them.
The rear hatch speakers are CDT as well instead of the JVC 4" coaxials for rear fill.
Would the Premium work perfect with my stock radio and not need any amps or anything like that ? I don't want to change or add anything except for the new speakers. Thanks!
Old 05-27-2010, 05:56 PM
Banned

Both work fine with the stock stuff. The premium package is a little overkill for the stock stereo but it does work well.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:40 AM
TECH Resident

How would either package work with a stealthbox? and a potential HU upgrade in the future.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:11 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RedHottG2
just wanting something that sounds really good and has nice all around sound without having to add anything in the ca.
you can boost/improve the sound w/o changing headunit / amp.. but watch the line. Once you start buying some good speakers, it's like setting up a great BBQ/smokoehouse, while still cooking cheap tube-steaks

To clean up the sound, ditch the monsoon amp (small, but relatively heavy given its low power output) & get any small headunit that you can live with. It won't put out any more power than the old ACDelco + Monsoon amp, but it will be similar sound quality & lower weight. And a new appearance / non-stock HU might be something you're going for, especially if it has USB input / photo capability.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:50 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both work fine with the stock stuff. The premium package is a little overkill for the stock stereo but it does work well.
I was looking at your website you have a stealth box with sub on sale, so what amp or amps are recommended for your f body premium package and the stealth box with sub ?? 5 channel ? I have a jvc hu, I'll probably replace it with something else later down the road.

I like the price fo the Farenheit TID-702NR, but I'll have to read more reviews on it....

Quick Reply: Replace factory monsoon speakers with what ?