Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Digital Designs subwoofer

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Digital Designs subwoofer

Anyone in here have Digital designs subs in your car? I want to put a single 10" sub in my f-body possibly in a stealth box, also feedback of any other systems ya'll like is appreciated. I used to have a 10" Kicker solo baric L5 and loved it so I might just wind up going back to that but want other opinions first. Thanks
Old 06-07-2010, 05:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if i recall they recommend ported for all digital designs subs
Old 06-10-2010, 07:47 PM
Staging Lane

I believe your right, so much for the stealth box lol. ANYONE HAVE ANY DD'S??????
Old 06-10-2010, 07:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

their was a T/a with a 15" DD 3500 iirc in a ported box in the hatch. got hella loud and looked sick.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my buddy has the 12" 3500 ported on 1200rms it gets loud as ****
Old 06-11-2010, 01:33 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have heard them as well and they are indeed a pretty damn good subwoofer. Question is do you want to give up trunk space for a ported box? You can use other subs that perform well in sealed enclosures that are high quality and still get loud. How loud are you trying to get? Personal use, competition, etc.?
L5 and L7 solobarics are ok for loud bass but not so much for sound quality...IMO (strictly my opinion) I just don't like the way they sound, they are extremely loud though with the right set up. The DD sub is in a different league then an L5 or L7 anyway. DD is a MUCH nicer subwoofer then either of those.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:11 AM
Staging Lane

KEE AUDIO how much space would I be needing to give up if I got one 10" dd sub? I would like to keep the t tops compartment for luggage, golf clubs, and groceries on occasions. Would I be able to do this? And what kind of amp would I be needing to get to push that 10"? Im looking to get a system around the 1st of july so I still have a little more time to read up on and learn. Thanks
Old 06-13-2010, 05:07 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There really would be no way to keep the compartment and use a ported design type of enclosure. They take up more space then a stealth type enclosure would allow for.
Basically you would have to use a regular style enclosure that fits down in the hatch well and then if you need to put something there you could remove the box quickly by just disconnecting the speaker cables.
There are ported design single 10" enclosures but they take up the entire hatch area and are a bit harder to remove quickly. With a standard type of rectagular enclosure in the hatch you could more easily remove the enclosure of you had to get it out.
There are several amps you could go with. Really depending on your budget.