Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Stock amp

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 07:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock amp

My 95 firebird has a stock amp would it be hard to take it out? I wanna replace the stock amp with a 4 channel amp to amp the front doors and rear hatch speakers, and a sepreate amp for the sail panel to give it a nice sound to them with out the need for a subwoofer. Is this possible and how hard would it be?
Old 06-18-2010, 07:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ritchie919
My 95 firebird has a stock amp would it be hard to take it out? I wanna replace the stock amp with a 4 channel amp to amp the front doors and rear hatch speakers, and a sepreate amp for the sail panel to give it a nice sound to them with out the need for a subwoofer. Is this possible and how hard would it be?
I just did all of this in my 95' T/A. It all depends upon what system you have as inessence there are two packages on our cars the 6 speaker basic package and the 10 speaker premium package. Get a good 4 channel amp to run the front and sail panel speakers (you won't need the front tweets anymore). If you really wanna keep the rear deck speakers then just do as I did and wire them in as rear speakers to the new HU's rear powered output. For the sub get a good 2 channel or mono amp to run this as well. If you have the 10 speaker system in your car you won't have a stock amp for the speakers as they are run off the stock hu, however GM considers the sail panel speakers to be subs and they do drive these with a small amp behind the passenger sail panel near the arm rest. Just remove the stock amp and wire up the new amp directly to all 4 speakers. You'll love it as it really changes the sound and good luck.