Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Insrument Cluster

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 06:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insrument Cluster

I had to remove the pointers for the instrument cluster and I was wondering if there is a specific way to make sure they go back on in the correct spot of the stepper motor travel? How can i make sure the needle goes back on correctly so they indicate the correct readings? Thanks.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is an update. As u no I had the gauges out and the pointers off. Everything is back in it started out the check gauges light would light intermitadly and then go off. Now, after a hard run to the upper recent, the serbuce engine light is on and I haven't seen the check gauges light anymore. Does anyone know if they're related? I am going ti Lloyd throw a scan tool on her 2morrow and see what the light reports. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:48 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 354 Likes on 323 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by 02 CamaroSS
I had to remove the pointers for the instrument cluster and I was wondering if there is a specific way to make sure they go back on in the correct spot of the stepper motor travel? How can i make sure the needle goes back on correctly so they indicate the correct readings? Thanks.
Its too late for that... Before you take the gauges off, you need to turn the power on to the car so the gauges will move to their initial positions. You can then index them and mark where they were once you are ready to put them on.

A GPS in map mode is an easy way to calibrate the speedo. A good scan tool will also get the readings from the PCM, which you can then calibrate off of.