Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Problems post Autotrix

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 11:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Problems post Autotrix

So I just installed the autotrix passenger window fix kit, and at first everything worked great. However after ensuring proper window operation, I walked away from the car for around a half hour, and upon returning the window no longer worked, but I could clearly hear the relays clicking, both up and down. I checked the wiring, and everything is according to autotrix's directions. Prior to installing the fix the passenger window would sometimes work, sometimes not, so my question is do you guys think the motor just finally gave out despite working perfectly with the fix right after installation? I checked the fuse, but should I replace the relays? Thanks alot.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shake the relay and see if you can hear it rattling. Mine would click up and down also but turned out to be a relay had gone bad.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:08 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

im thinking its your motor
Old 08-02-2010, 08:42 AM
Teching In

so if I shake the relay and hear it rattle that means it is good or bad? And I was hoping that it would not be the motor because it worked perfectly and quickly just after the install, and because replacing the motor seems like a huge pain in the ***. Is the method outlined in the sticky the best way to replace the motor?
Old 08-04-2010, 08:23 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i thikn its in a sticky and LS!1howto. i just replaced the motor in my buddies bird, took maybe 45 mins? honestly the hardest part was taking the door panel on and off without breaking the cheap GM plastic.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

this happened to me this weekend... but i realized that the window motor power connector had slipped off hah!