Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

want new HU

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 10:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default want new HU

Looking for new HD head unit. HD that's already on it (internal) Want it with ipod connection. And I want it to glow red and work with steering wheel. Any ideas which one I want? Or should look at. Will be upgrading speakers and will have a sub and amp in future also. Any help will be awesome . 2002 ws6
Old 11-07-2011, 04:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i like pioneer and kenwood, i just bought a kenwood kdc x995 excelon 1 din stereo. it has hd pandora i pod connection, i have xm radio so i bought the adapter to have it play through the radio. it also has blue tooth so i have my hands free phone. so far i like it, i just havent figured out how to keep one color for the display. check out crutchfield and any of the sponsors here. good luck it took me 3 years to decide.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not trying to hi-jack the thread but does the HD radio's make that much of a difference with the right speakers?
Old 11-07-2011, 05:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE=9WhiteCamaro9;15596216]Not trying to hi-jack the thread but does the HD radio's make that much of a difference with the right speakers?[/QUOTE it depends if your local stations are broadcasting with hd. so far i have not listened to my local stations. i would assume so, kinda like hd tv. ill check them out and try to remember to repost if it makes a diff or not.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone have any experience with jvc kd ahd59? Seems to have everything. I will check out that kenwood for sure!
Old 11-07-2011, 07:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i took a little ride, only found one station with hd. it did sound a little different, but it wasn't my kinda music.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by jam01
i took a little ride, only found one station with hd. it did sound a little different, but it wasn't my kinda music.
Hey man, thanks for that. I didn't know if it was like watching T.V on an old floor model or watching a movie or something like that on a flat screen with the whole 1080p type stuff. I don't think I have paid that much attention to my stations to know weather or not they have announced if they do play in HD. What about CD's? I mainly listen to stuff of my iPhone through my CD player and wonder if an HD CD player would make a difference for them or not. I'm kinda thinking about going this route if it'll make a difference with a CD and my iPhone. What about speakers? Any certain ones you have to get with the head unit or will just about any work?
Old 11-08-2011, 08:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bwilde86
Anyone have any experience with jvc kd ahd59? Seems to have everything. I will check out that kenwood for sure!
the last jvc unit i had was back in the eighties, what ever unit you go with make sure it has the options you want.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 9WhiteCamaro9
Hey man, thanks for that. I didn't know if it was like watching T.V on an old floor model or watching a movie or something like that on a flat screen with the whole 1080p type stuff. I don't think I have paid that much attention to my stations to know weather or not they have announced if they do play in HD. What about CD's? I mainly listen to stuff of my iPhone through my CD player and wonder if an HD CD player would make a difference for them or not. I'm kinda thinking about going this route if it'll make a difference with a CD and my iPhone. What about speakers? Any certain ones you have to get with the head unit or will just about any work?
the unit as a whole sounds good, my xm plays a little softer but i havent bought a new amp yet. my car had or has the monsoon system and i am still running that amp for the sail panel subs and they actually work now. the rear speaker are 6x9 boston acoustics, i modified the opening and the driver side inner panel, front i have orion component speakers and i still have to hook up the tweeters, but it sounds good so far.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Are there any head units that work with the DROID? For pandora
Old 11-08-2011, 01:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by bwilde86
Are there any head units that work with the DROID? For pandora
If your phone has a AUX. input, your can buy a CD with the AUX. output and run it like that. I can't remember the model number but my JVC CD player had both connections for the AUX. and for a iPhone but at the time I bought the CD player, I didn't have a iPhone, I think I had a Blackberry but in the end, I lost the cord for the iPhone/iPod connection and just bought the AUX. cord and has worked fine for me.