Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Shift light questions.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 11:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Shift light questions.

I know alot of people are mounting their lights either in the a pillar vent or in the drivers side center vent. My question is will the heat and a/c hurt the light over time? Also when mounting it in the center vent how did you get it to stay put and how did you run the wires? I don't really want to drill holes in my air ducts but do you have to? thanks
Old 01-16-2012, 02:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I've got my Raptor Shift light in the drivers side center vent, and have had it there for at least 5yrs. I pulled the radio out for the two small holes I made in the left duct, I believe I used a old awl or scribe to work the holes through the plastic. The hole further back is for the wiring and of course the front hole for the supplied mount.

Hey, maybe you can clip it to the sun-visor?

Last edited by 99Bluz28; 01-16-2012 at 02:53 AM.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm putting glowshift gauges in the triple pod a-pillar and i'm going to mount the shift light directly to the a-pillar pod and run the wires down with the gauge wires.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I've all ready got a dual gauge pod on the a pillar, a volt meter and a temp gauge. Could I use the power and ground wire for the volt gauge for my shift light? I've got those ran to the ecm fuse (i think). when I turn my key on both gauges light up and the temp gauge goes to temperature but the volt meter doesn't really move with just the key on.