Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

dynamat door panels?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 12:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dynamat door panels?

So i work at bestbuy and i found out i get dynamat like super cheap. I was wondering if i should dynamat the doors to stop the rattling and the tin can sound when you close it. Maybe even some road noise. Is it worth it?
Old 01-09-2012, 01:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Dynamat the whole car.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:12 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Putting dynamat (or similar) in the doors helps immensely to reduce the tin can sound when you close the doors. It is probably one of the best places to start when it comes to installing the stuff.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Do it
Old 01-09-2012, 06:52 PM
On The Tree

How would you go about doing that? Sorry for the hi-jack OP
Old 01-10-2012, 01:33 AM
Teching In

i was gonna have one of my installers do my doors cuz im afraid to break the door panels cuz supposedly they are really easy to break. I believe i am going to do the wheel wells and the bottom of the trunk. The stuff doesn't add that much weight so it isn't that big of a deal
Old 01-14-2012, 08:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by deceptionz99
i was gonna have one of my installers do my doors cuz im afraid to break the door panels cuz supposedly they are really easy to break. I believe i am going to do the wheel wells and the bottom of the trunk. The stuff doesn't add that much weight so it isn't that big of a deal
where are ya located in illinois?

how much of a discount can you get ) lol
Old 01-16-2012, 12:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deceptionz99
Generally what you need to be worried about breaking with door panels are the clips that hold them to the doors.

I don't recommend you Dynamat EVERYTHING but rather just the stuff that resonates, and the doors do qualify for much of that.

Do make sure to cover the large holes in the inner door skin with something as rigid as possible. Dynamat is not ideal but it would be significantly better than nothing. It will isolate the speaker's back wave from the front wave and will raise efficiency, lower distortion and raise maximum output. It will raise your bass output by somewhere from 3 to 6dB which is equivalent of running 2-4x the power... without making your speaker work harder. That is solely from efficiency gains.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dragonrage

Do make sure to cover the large holes in the inner door skin with something as rigid as possible.
^this

I used aluminum valley metal, then covered with second skin spl tiles. Made a dramatic improvement in midbass response.

My bud helping

Quick Reply: dynamat door panels?