Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

fuel tank harness

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fuel tank harness

Ok so I found my harness in the tank the be defective. Now if it were just a matter of doin a but connector. This thread wouldn't be happening. But the issue is to close the the pig tail to fix. I attempted electrical tape. But it came off. I'd soder. But the last heat shrink sleve seemed to of lost it's hold from the gas I would guess. So does anyone know of repair parts or a pig tail available? I'd rather new but not factory price if I can avoid it.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:16 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

The fuel sender harness is part number 15325840. It is about $66 at the dealer or about half that online.

Pigtails are available but they won't do much good since you still have to splice them to the rest of the harness (in the tank). Have you tried using ordinary insulated crimp-on butt connectors? I don't know how well their insulation will stand up to being immersed in gas/ethanol.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's so close the connection that I wouldn't have and meat to work with or trust me I would had soldered it.

Quick Reply: fuel tank harness