Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Right blinker up front not working.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 11:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Right blinker up front not working.

The day light part is out too. So pretty sure it's out. Question is, "How do I access the bulb to replace it?"
Old 10-09-2013, 03:45 PM
TECH Addict

2 options (if your an 02 T/A, like your sig says) there is an access panel underneath the car held on by a series of 10mm bolts, or if you don't wanna get on the ground dirty, you can manually raise the headlight on that side and remove the 3 screws that hold the black plastic shroud, with it out of the way you can reach in from the top and get to it that way, unless you have ridiculously huge arms. here is a shot of how much space you have when you remove the shroud from the headlights.
Attached Thumbnails Right blinker up front not working.-img_20130329_171254_553.jpg  
Old 10-09-2013, 05:54 PM
On The Tree

Thanks. I don't mind getting dirty. It's carport anyways. Not that dirty.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:35 PM
TECH Addict

well the reason I mention the headlight path is you can actually see what you are doing instead of reaching around blindly when you come up thru the bottom access panel.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:35 AM
On The Tree

Yes, going through the top may be the easier way.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:55 AM
On The Tree

Fixed. But it's pretty rusty in that conduit. I cleaned out what I could.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

easiest way on a T/A is to pop up your headlights, remove the headlight bezel trim and then its right in reach from the top.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:26 PM
On The Tree

Well crap. I got yellow and one white light. Guess I need to to the automotive place and find another white late or just change the other light to yellow too.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:45 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by IrbyBocksnick
Well crap. I got yellow and one white light. Guess I need to to the automotive place and find another white late or just change the other light to yellow too.
I did the ambers myself, but I also did amber lenses because my old ones where jacked up.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:17 PM
On The Tree

I have the right front blinker and Day time driving light out on my '02 now after several huge rain storms.... I read through this and my question is: Are you just replacing bulbs or the whole light assy?
Old 06-30-2014, 12:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by gscherer78ta
I have the right front blinker and Day time driving light out on my '02 now after several huge rain storms.... I read through this and my question is: Are you just replacing bulbs or the whole light assy?
well what you need to do is remove the housing and inspect it for cracks, if its cracked then replace both of them (you don't want one looking old and faded and the other nice and new), if the housing checks out, then replace the bulb, but inspect the socket the bulb plugs into, if it's scorched/melted or corroded then replace it.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:53 PM
On The Tree

Thanks! So, if I understand this correctly- there is a replaceable bulb and possibly the housing as well.

The bulb is probably carried in many of the counter stores, AutoZone, etc...., what about the housing?

Is the housing clipped in or is here a screw of two holding it in place?

Thanks!
Old 06-30-2014, 06:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by gscherer78ta
Thanks! So, if I understand this correctly- there is a replaceable bulb and possibly the housing as well.

The bulb is probably carried in many of the counter stores, AutoZone, etc...., what about the housing?

Is the housing clipped in or is here a screw of two holding it in place?

Thanks!
the housings can be found on amazon, the bulbs are just like your tail light bulbs (dual filament) so any parts store or hell even walmart if you want a better price (going LED is the long term fix as they produce less heat, but the bulbs cost more and you wanna find good ones so check out superbrightled for the best bulbs) and if you need sockets either rockauto or the parts stores wherever you can get the best price.

don't know on the T/A bumper (I have a formula/firebird bumper) but on mine it's held on by 3 nuts that "screw" onto the plastic "stems" sticking off the back of the housing.

Start by getting everything apart and seeing what the actual problem is first before just dropping money on stuff you don't need.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:38 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
the housings can be found on amazon, the bulbs are just like your tail light bulbs (dual filament) so any parts store or hell even walmart if you want a better price (going LED is the long term fix as they produce less heat, but the bulbs cost more and you wanna find good ones so check out superbrightled for the best bulbs) and if you need sockets either rockauto or the parts stores wherever you can get the best price.

don't know on the T/A bumper (I have a formula/firebird bumper) but on mine it's held on by 3 nuts that "screw" onto the plastic "stems" sticking off the back of the housing.

Start by getting everything apart and seeing what the actual problem is first before just dropping money on stuff you don't need.
Thanks Daniel.

I removed the covers from below and then could see all I needed to see. I replaced the bulb and everything works again. I did buy the socket as well in case that was the problem. That's wasn't my probkem, yet at least. I could see that there were two screws holding the lamp to the bumper cover.

Thanks for your help.

Quick Reply: Right blinker up front not working.