Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Speaker problem.

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 07:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Speaker problem.

I got the ALpine speakers everyone said I should get, and I got them installed, and they are quiet! the rear speakers are louder!

First I had all 4 wires running to them, and they poped like crazy. So went back in and diconected 2 of the wires to each of them. They were still quiet, but didn't pop. I was like "F that, I'm done, it is good enough." But now.......the front left stopped playing and I am pissed once again. Should all 4 wires run to the speakers, if so how do I do it?

I am close to paying to get this done by Curcuit City, and not me and my friends. Whom have installed countless systems and never had problems I have seem.

Thanks guys, oh, and please tell me why the rear speakers are so much louder than the front and the front are so quiet.
Old 05-08-2004, 09:36 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 144 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Check out this thread for wiring and aftermarket speaker selection.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics/126979-those-wanting-only-upgrade-speakers-camaro-s-come-here.html

A couple thinngs that I do know:
* You should only be using one pair of wires.
* Its quieter because aftermarket speakers are higher impedence than the stock Monsoon speakers (4ohm vs. 2ohm).
Old 05-09-2004, 11:29 AM
11 Second Club

Then why the hell did everyone tell me to change my speakers!! Now the stereo sounds like ***!! WHy do I want my crappy rear speakers to play the majority of the music when I bought front speakers? I read that before, and I have no clue what I did wrong to make it this bad, I followed it step by step.

If what you are saying is true why do people say "it sounds awesome now!!" when in fact it sounds like pure ***, and I am out $100 because of it.
Old 05-09-2004, 12:56 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 144 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

people who say "its sounds awesome" replaced all the speakers and not just two. Speaker selection also makes a difference.

BTW, I'm still using the stock system with just XM added (through RF, but I hope to remedy that soon).
Old 05-09-2004, 02:29 PM
Teching In

Did you try reversing the pair of wires? I had that problem with mine. That was stock speakers though. I jumped up to Kenwood components. Work real good. I have the wires coming off the HU to the tweeters and mounted those on top of a-pillars. Then the sub went in the door speaker location. Gives it a real nice surround sound effect.