Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

*Window Motor/Switch Issues?*

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 08:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *Window Motor/Switch Issues?*

First time I have ever had this issue:
I rolled down my window today with no problem, went to roll it up an hour later and nothing. No noises, no movement. By the way, the passenger side window rolls up and down. So, I went ahead and took off the door panel and the switch to try and determine the problem. While pressing the driver side door switch in the "up" position, nothing happens. While pressing the driver side door switch in the "down" position, it makes a tiny noise then stops - almost like the motor knows its at the bottom and will not go any further. So, my question is, what is the issue? Is it the motor? Or is it the switch? It is not a fuse or a relay, being that the passenger side window functions as it should. Anyone have this issue before?
Old 07-22-2014, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

i've seen a dozen times with 4th gens if the switch doesn't make the clicking noise, it could be the switch.. you can swap the pass to the the driver and vice versa to see if it fixes it
Old 07-27-2014, 02:52 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

EXACT same thing happened to me last week, thing that sucks was I was 1 day away from leaving out of state on vacation. Same situation as yours, drivers window was down for a little, then went to raise it and nothing. also passenger window went up and down, so I pulled off the switch assembly from the door panel and messed around with the harness while pushing the "up" button for the drivers side and it went up!! I don't think its the wiring, I think its the switch, so I ordered some new switches from Hawks Third Generation, they wont get here until Tuesday, so as soon as they do, I'll replace them and see if that fixes the problem.

Quick Reply: *Window Motor/Switch Issues?*