Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Radio shorts out when car is running ....

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 01:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Radio shorts out when car is running ....

Just bought a JVC head unit .... I have the wiring harness ... the dash kit ... everything needed for it to work .... wired everything together ... taped it properly ... fits nice and snug .... when the ignition is in the "on" position (car NOT running) ... the head unit works fine ... the radio, usb and aux work great ... powers up nicely ... buttons work ... no short etc ...

When I turn the key and start the car ... the head unit will then sporadically shorts out ... I don't have to give it gas or anything ... it just cuts out every other second (the lights don't cut out ... just the sound) - doesn't matter if it's on radio / usb / or aux, either

I went as far as returning the old head unit and buying another .... getting a new wiring harness ... and re-wiring it, again ... and it STILL does it ... thoughts? suggestions?
Old 09-12-2014, 09:09 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Did it do this before the install? Have you seen the sticky about the BCM fix for the radio cutting out?
Old 09-12-2014, 05:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No the stock radio worked fine....and no I have not seen that

Quick Reply: Radio shorts out when car is running ....