Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

LED Odometer Issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 06:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED Odometer Issue

So I recently got my cluster back after having some work done to it. (Recalibration, new resistors) I install some LED bulbs into the cluster also but a year or so ago, I installed some Blue LEDs onto the odometer to make it blue instead of factory red. Haven't had a single issue until today. I decided to put a tune on my car to take advantage of a few extra horses. Well, as soon as it was done installing the tune, my odometer starts flickering like crazy. Weird thing is, whenever the parking lights or lights in general are on that dim the odometer, it stops flickering. It only flickers like it does whenever it brightens up. I tried the obviously thing and uninstalled the tune thinking maybe, somehow it sent some random voltage to the odometer bulbs but alas, it still does it after I put it back to factory tune. Anybody have/had this issue? Or have a way to figure out what's causing this? Could the bulbs somehow be shorting out or anything at all? I talked to somebody who say that it could be something wrong with the cluster itself but what..? Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Old 12-01-2016, 01:21 PM
Staging Lane

Anybody with electrical knowledge? LED knowledge?
Old 12-14-2016, 05:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

sounds like a power issue, maybe one of the capacitors needs replacing.
Old 12-17-2016, 12:31 PM
Staging Lane

I think I resolved it. I just soldered some new LEDs onto it and it seems to be working fine now. Thanks though!

Quick Reply: LED Odometer Issue