Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Air Conditioning & Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 06:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy Air Conditioning & Remote Start

A few weeks ago I took my car to the local Viper alarm dealer and had the Viper 791vx alarm installed on my car. I now also have the remote start also working. Everything seemed just peachy, until....

One day I noticed that my air conditioning is not coming on when I use the remote start or the turbo timer. Everything else works fine, I know it probably has something to do with the secondary ignition or something like that. I checked all my settings on the alarm and they are all correct. So I know it has to be a wire or something the alarm shop did not hook up.

Can someone tell me exactly what wire(s) from the car and from the alarm that I need to hook up in order for my air conditioner to work with the remote start?
Old 10-09-2004, 02:16 PM
Launching!

**bump**
Old 10-10-2004, 03:24 PM
Launching!

Wow, so no one knows..... hmmm.....
Old 10-11-2004, 07:25 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 243 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

So, DEI's instructions to connect the alarm's accessory wire to the orange wire in the ignition harness doesn't work?
Old 10-11-2004, 03:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I think we have multiple accessory wires. There's a good chance that the shop only hooked up one of the accessory wires. If so, you'll need another relay and some wiring.

Sorry I don't know the exact wires, but check out www.the12volt.com and you'll find the info you need.

Russell
Old 10-12-2004, 12:23 AM
Teching In

steelballz....did you get the remote start on the TA.....from your sig it says you have the M6...how much did it cost for the install???
thanks in advance
EDIT: nevermind just realized that i pm'd you about that before and you did the install yourself....sorry man

Last edited by zck2385; 10-12-2004 at 12:29 AM.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:41 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by zck2385
steelballz....did you get the remote start on the TA.....from your sig it says you have the M6...how much did it cost for the install???
thanks in advance
EDIT: nevermind just realized that i pm'd you about that before and you did the install yourself....sorry man
I did the actual remote start myself, but the rest of my alarm was installed by an actual Viper dealer. I paid $375 for the install and alarm.

If you want any tips in doing the remote start for an M6 let me know.

Back to my question -- Someone said that I should hook up the brown wire from the steering column to the oragne wire on the alarm.... Any feedback?
Old 10-12-2004, 10:00 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by SteelBallz
Back to my question -- Someone said that I should hook up the brown wire from the steering column to the oragne wire on the alarm.... Any feedback?
OK, I've already PM'd you with this but here it is... According to DEI's instructions the accessory wire on the alarm/remote start module (you'll have to check the alarm manual to find out what color that is) needs to be connected to the orange wire in the ignition harness. My own research in the service manual confirms that the orange ignition wire is the one that feeds the HVAC fuse.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:22 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
OK, I've already PM'd you with this but here it is...
Oh ****, I forgot about checking my PM's.... I always overlook the PM thing at the top. There needs to be a "you got mail" thing or something.

Thanks for your help!
Old 10-13-2004, 07:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Well you need to leave the A/C **** left on when you shut the car off.

Also have fun with the M6 remote start, my friend had one on his Mustang and not once but twice when it was on a lift at a shop some idiot messed with the key fob and it remote started and came right off the rack. Needless to say he will never get a remote start in any of his stick cars.

Last edited by maddboost; 10-13-2004 at 07:27 AM.
Old 10-13-2004, 07:21 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by maddboost
Well you need to leave the A/C **** left on when you shut the car off.

To quote Alan Alda in M*A*S*H, "No need to point out the incredibly obvious, the merely obvious will be sufficient."

Quick Reply: Air Conditioning & Remote Start