Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

bulb harness keeps frying

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 12:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default bulb harness keeps frying

hey, i have this problem and i dont know wat it could be causing this or is it a normal thing for f-bodies?

My harnesses for the bulbs are all burnt black!! I noticed that the rears in the taillights are really bad and need to be replaced. In the front run signal, for example, i ws replacing the bulb when the harness just shattered and i couldnt install a new bulb because the locking pins were gone. I replace it and withina few months, it started to get black and toasty again.

I really dont want to replace these harnesses every few months so i would like to know how to remedy this.

any suggestions?
Old 12-07-2004, 07:01 PM
TECH Addict

anyone.......
Old 12-08-2004, 12:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hmm, if it was just one id check for a short, but if its happening on more than one it might be more complicated.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:16 AM
12 Second Club

Happened to me, where the harness/socket pretty much melted, the dealer told me it was because I was not using dilectric <sp?> grease on the socket when I installed a new bulb <to keep moisture and condensation out>.