Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

I'm torn on components....

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 11:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm torn on components....

Very torn on what type of components to get...

Diamond S600s
The Budget minded CDT CL's. (I had on my old Maxima... beautiful speakers for the price)
or
Focal 165V2's

Others on my mind were MBQuarts, Image Dynamics and JBL's

The rest of the system... 10" Image Dyanics IDQ run by a Rockford Fosgate Punch 301M.. in a stealth box
and a Rockford Fosgate 125x4 for the interior speakers. I'll probably run a set of coaxials in the rear for a rear fill as well. And a Pioneer
DEH-P460MP HU...
Any suggestions are welcome...
Old 09-15-2005, 11:53 AM
TECH Resident

Focal or CDT's, with Focal's being a little more bright.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:41 PM
Vax
TECH Apprentice

how could you even consider anything other than focal? hehe
Old 09-15-2005, 01:13 PM
Teching In

I've heard the Diamond HEX line... beautiful... to say the least.
Old 09-15-2005, 04:56 PM
Staging Lane

What about the ID Chameleons (CSX6)? Through woofersetc they are $300 and from what I've read are an excellent front stage setup.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:32 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by thaar
What about the ID Chameleons (CSX6)? Through woofersetc they are $300 and from what I've read are an excellent front stage setup.

The CDT's can be had for <$200 and sound as good if not better. They need to be amped though with at least 75W RMS.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:09 PM
On The Tree

go listen to crystal sscs 6 or dls R6A's. both can be had for under $200 at the right place. don't blindly go buy CDT's until you've heard these. if you buy them and later get to hear one of the others.....you'll kick yourself in the pants. some of these other well mentioned lines that use kevlar cones (great speakers), run asian kevlar. crystal.....100% u.s.a. dupont kevlar, and thicker than the off shore stuff. DLS uses a build house, but they've designed some really good stuff.....

http://www.dls.se/english/speakers/r6.htm

http://crystalmobilesound.com/sscs6.htm

go find a dealer and listen for yourself.

i know,..... they must be crap,...... nobody's heard of them. give a few more months, you will. people are starting to catch on that there are other brands that kick butt that aren't known yet. should i mention that crystal is also owned by a build house. yep, all kinds of brands that people swear by, go to crystal's mother company to have their product built.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:09 AM
TECH Resident

I've heard of DLS, very high end stuff. Too rich for my blood
Old 09-16-2005, 01:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

In my opinion I like the top of the line MB Quarts. It just doesnt get any better IMO.

My next choice would be focals.

Go listen to all of them and buy the set you think sounds the best to you.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:48 AM
On The Tree

DLS R6A......can be gotten for under $200 shipped. around the same price as the cdt's but with the mid bass the cdt's wish they had. everyone seems to be able to afford the cdt's i thought that wouldn't be a bad price. the dls irridiums.....that is up there in price. but so is focal, dynaudio, .....all the high of the high end.

i know everyone has their tastes. quart is definately not mine. those tweeters are just nasty to me. i get ran out of a vehicle by the tweeter, even when the comps are on deck power. they can sound decent, but they do have the reputation for their tweeter. and i think most people who get them add to it by cranking the treble as high as they can get it.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:33 AM
Teching In

Thanks alot guys. You have given me alot more insight. I'll check out the crystals, I have heard of them before but they arent a hyped up speaker like JBL's.

Problem is, where I live theres not many places you can go to listen to speakers at believe it or not. Alot of places are hole in the wall places that just sell you and your on your merry way.

I'm going to see what I can do with the crystals and listen to them. Like i said, I did have CDT's CL series in my old Maxima. They were great speakers but I was actually thinking of buying the EF line which are a higher quality and can still be had for $200.