Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Remote Start Won't Start

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 12:40 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Start Won't Start

Allright, I have a remote start that a technician installed (my friend) and he hooked everything up but said he did something different with the Tach Cord. Anyways, I have an M6 -- I know people think its dangerous, well those people can respond to another thread about ethics becuase I am going to do it either way I just have an issue at hand.. He hooked up the Vats with correct resistance by the VATS Bypass using the sheet they provided. I can start the car with the key, and he has bypassed the clutch as well -- he read the volts for when we try the remote start, it gives the car power, and then the fuel gauge drops suddenly (as if it has just started) problem though, is that nothing happens, it just sits there with the battery draining. This is the cool part, I can then start the car with the key, and tell the remote to remote start, and take the key out and it stays on... But it will not start up... And yes, the clutch provides the correct switch, everything reads exactly how it should meaning that all volts are the same when I start the car with the key vs the remote. The only difference is that the remove never does anything to crank anything, but according to the voltage meter, it is getting enough power... HELP ME PLEASE....
Old 09-16-2005, 06:19 PM
On The Tree

Something is not getting power, sounds like either your accessory wire or something to do with your vats. What kind of system is it? Make sure your poering up your acc. The reason it starts with the key is because its turning something on that the remote start isn't.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:48 PM
12 Second Club

Its the Viper 791 XV -- What do you mean power up your acc. -- What is this??
Old 09-16-2005, 10:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BR1060
Its the Viper 791 XV -- What do you mean power up your acc. -- What is this??
Tell me where each wire is going . That is your main heavy gauge wires. Your gonna have two reds, an orange, pink, violet? If you are from the illinois area i would tell you to stop by my shop.

Last edited by 02NBMSLPSS; 09-16-2005 at 10:58 PM.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:22 PM
TECH Addict

accersory (?) is what powers certain other things beside the starter to start the car. If you do not have something powered up then it will not start.