Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Quick stock cd player and system Q's.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 12:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Quick stock cd player and system Q's.

I want to buy the stealth box and a 10" sub with a small amp, but will it hook up to the stock monsoon cd player? Or will I need an aftermarket cd player?
Old 10-14-2005, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes you can run a sub off of your factory monsoon system. but you have to run a HP because you do not rca cables from the factory. if i were you a would just buy a decent cd/mp3 player head unit for about $150-250 and use that. because it will be much easier to control the sound and get all of your levels correct with that than it would be with the factory head unit
Old 10-15-2005, 07:55 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 243 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by LSfast1
yes you can run a sub off of your factory monsoon system. but you have to run a HP because you do not rca cables from the factory. if i were you a would just buy a decent cd/mp3 player head unit for about $150-250 and use that. because it will be much easier to control the sound and get all of your levels correct with that than it would be with the factory head unit
No, just install a line-level adapter like the PAC OEM-1 to provide the pre-amp RCA output for your amp (any amp you want) and everything will work fine.