Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Electronics flipping out!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 08:33 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Electronics flipping out!

I have just gotten my car back from doing my TT project and I have an issue that I have NO idea how to diagnose...

When i left the dyno, everything was fine... When I got home, everything was fine... I was cleaning the interior, and when doing so, i accidentally turned the lights on, and this is when it started...

When you turn the lights on to the parking lights only, the headlights come up but don't turn any lights on... then if you turn the lights to on, the lights come on... Then when you turn it off, the lights go down, and there is this GOD AWFUL griding noise that goes on for like 5 seconds ... Sounds to me like its comign from the headlight motor...

Then, even more alarming, when I lock or unlock the doors, the headlights flip up, then flip down (and of course the same stupid noise)...

Any ideas as to what is going on? If anyone needs more info, i'll be happy to help... i hope i explained it well enough... it confuses the hell out of me..
Old 02-08-2008, 10:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Look at the sticky's on the headlight motors...
Old 02-08-2008, 11:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Could possibly be a BCM issue?
Old 02-08-2008, 11:39 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks so much!!! i appreciate your help!! I think that's exactly what i'm looking for!