Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

A/C and vent selection problem. Need some help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 05:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A/C and vent selection problem. Need some help!

I have my new baby, a 99 mystic green trans am. I've going all the bugs worked out accept for the A/C not coming on and the selection **** is stuck on defrost. If I turn the **** to "off" it will turn off, but if I move in any place besides "off" and i blows out the defroster vents. I was told that it is run by vacuum off the engine so my question is where is it and where are the common areas is brakes and so on. Also if the A/C system is real low on freon dose the compressor come on? The connector to the compressor is plugged in .

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks, JR
Old 07-28-2008, 07:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The vaccum supply comes from behind the intake manifold. It is a small hard plastic line that runs toward the passenger side fender. Under the cowl at the passenger side there is a tee. Check to see if the tee is broken or if the line is pinched anywhere.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I got it tracked down. Looks like when the previous owner put the LS6 intake on he forgot to plug it back in. Took me about 10 sec find it and plug it back in . If it only took that long to fix every problem .
Got a shop with "free A/C check" to see whats going on with that, the car is looking better and better to me with every passing moment .

Thanks Again, JR