Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

sub box ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 08:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default sub box ?

Is there enough room in the hatch for a 3.81 cubic ft. box with out using the top flat area???
Old 08-01-2008, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

It would be tough to pull off without using fiberglass or something that forms around curved surfaces .

I achieved 2.58cu ft and it is a pretty big enclosure . I sacrificed the T-top holders and there mounting studs to fit it there meaning I can never put the holders back unless the studs were rewelded in .

I built mine a pretty simple shape as it was my first build . The raised area over the rear axle really makes building difficult . I choose a single 12'' as a result .

Here are a few pics for refrence ..

The blueprints :
[Note , the enclosure was built using 3/4'' MDF and 2 different measurements are shown , internal & external . ]

The box finished & loaded [weight ? around 50-60lbs] :

Installed in the car [ test fitting & final installation ]:

Special attention was paid to the corners [hand sanded] so the enclosure dropped down as flat as possible . My first build so it's not an experts job .
Everything you see no longer exists , I removed it after it was destroying the car etc . It is doing work on my Integra now .. fugg it .
Old 08-02-2008, 08:29 AM
Teching In

thanks for the reply. It looks like if I used some fiber glass it could be done it's just been to damn hot here to work on anyhting outside.