Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Got an interesting email from Sirius

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 03:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got an interesting email from Sirius

Your SIRIUS radio contains an FM transmitter that allows it to operate wirelessly through your car FM radio. We have determined that the output of this transmitter exceeds the limits established by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). As a result, the unit may interfere with the performance of radios operating in areas adjacent to your radio. There are no health or safety concerns associated with this issue.

* If you listen to your SIRIUS radio wirelessly through your vehicle’s FM radio, then please review the solutions listed below and select the one that works best for you. SIRIUS will provide you the best solution at no cost.

* If you use your SIRIUS radio only when docked in a boombox, or directly connected to your car radio or home stereo using audio cables or a cassette tape adapter, then no interference can occur and no further action is required, provided you have turned off your FM transmitter. To turn off the FM transmitter, first press the MENU button. Use the channel up/down buttons to highlight “FM Transmitter” and push the SELECT button. Use the channel up/down buttons to highlight the “FM On/Off” menu item and then press the SELECT button. Use the up/down buttons to highlight “FM Off” and press the SELECT button. To exit the “FM On/Off” menu, press the MENU button. Use the same procedure to turn off the FM transmitter if you use Solution 1 or Solution 2 below.
So apparently Sirius is now going to send me a FM Transmitter kit and a installation card for free!

I already have one installed now in my car so I think i'll be selling this one on ebay.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:20 PM
Teching In

Haven't go that myself. Perhaps cause I have a Sportster 4 whose FM transmitter SUCKS.

My Original sportster would broadcast through my whole house and I could pick it up on any radio even shiti clock radios.

Now with the Sport 4 I had to install those antenna kits cause I couldn't keep a clear channel while driving. PITA!

F- THE FCC!!!
Old 08-16-2008, 02:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

I originally thought it was for my Sportster 4 but it turns out it was for an Xact visor radio i bought a few years ago.