Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Valentine 1 owners, a question.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 12:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Valentine 1 owners, a question.....

i've had my V1 for probably 1.5 years or so, and i love it, except for one thing.....when it gets too hot, it stops working. it's really a pain in the *** sometimes, because anytime the car is not moving (or the A/C is off) and the V1 is in the direct sunlight, it gets too hot. i have to take it down and hide it in the back floorboard or in the center console so it's out of direct sunlight, even if i go inside a store for just a few minutes, or it will get too hot.

when it does this, it just shows "E" on the display, and it will not work until i crank the A/C to max and hold it in front of the vent for a minute or two to cool it down, then it works just fine again.

it's done it pretty much since the day i bought it, but obviously it isn't much of an issue in the fall/winter/spring so much, but it still sucks sometimes.

anyone else have this problem? seems like they should have made at least some air vents for some of the heat to escape out of the innards of the unit or something to prevent this from happening.....
Old 09-07-2008, 09:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no one else has this problem, or heard about it from others?
Old 09-07-2008, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never had this problem with mine. Have you contacted the company about it?
Old 09-07-2008, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

if is marking "E" that means that its out of tune.

send it in to VR for a tune and let them know that you have that problem with it so they can check it out for you.

but I read somewhere that when it shows "E" that means that it needs to be serviced send for a tune.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:08 AM
Staging Lane

I have had my V-1 for 3 years. Still working strong.