Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

96 T/A vs 2000 SLP Firehawk vs Police. . .

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 10:57 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 T/A vs 2000 SLP Firehawk vs Police. . .

Cars:
1996 LT1 T/A A4: Bolt-on's, baby cammed, stalled, 3.23 gears
2000 SLP Firehawk M6: Bolt on's, 3.42 gears

Cliff notes: Hawk and T/A play around and are damn near even from ~80-120.
Cop pulls over Hawk and gives him exhibition of speed and no insurance ticket, but doesnt tow car and lets him drive away after. And T/A gets away scratch free

To make a long story short, Buddy is following me in the Hawk so we can drop his car off at my place and meet some other friends at the bowling alley.
We get on the access road that leads to my house, and my buddy in the hawk gets right up on my ***. So i casually give it about 1/3 throttle enough to get it to downshift and right into the sweet spot with this new 3200 stall, so i begin to pull away slighty, and i hear him get into it a little and start pullin up on my *** again. This time i punch it to about 1/2-2/3 throttle and start to pull away once again, now after that i can hear him really punch it [he has LM exhaust with just the 'shotgun' resonator and could wake all of phoenix up if he wanted] At this time he is coming up on my *** again, so i put my foot to the floor and i jump out just a tad so his lights aren't shinning like the light of god in my mirrors and we stayed dead even from about 80ish to about 120ish. At that point we have to slow down for the up coming light.
As i pull into the far left lane to turn left and go under the freeway i notice a siren and see some red/blue lights, to my surprise its a COP right behind my buddy in the Hawk. So i'm freaking out, not knowing what to do so i just play it off as if my music is too loud and i cant hear him, when the light turns green i casually turn left and then take another left as to do a 180 and start back on the on-ramp for the freeway running in the opposite direction we were coming, the cop pulls infront of the Hawk and stops him in the middle of the on-ramp that is only 2 lanes mind you, i casually drive away and GTFO!
Buddy got an exhibition of speed ticket, no radar but cop put 90+, the Cop was driving on the freeway when he noticed the two of us on the access road blow by him like he was standing still!

thank god i got away

and i guess that wasnt too short haha sorry!
Old 02-06-2009, 11:26 AM
Launching!

Oh you lucky son a bitch...
Old 02-06-2009, 11:36 AM
12 Second Club

dude you are telling me! the exhibition of speed ticket is 8 points! if you have any prior tickets they take your license away, and i have 1 speeding ticket from like 4 months ago.

i was pretty happy to see that we were dead nuts even from a roll too with my weak sauce LT1 and baby cam auto

haha!
Old 02-06-2009, 12:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
dude you are telling me! the exhibition of speed ticket is 8 points! if you have any prior tickets they take your license away, and i have 1 speeding ticket from like 4 months ago.

i was pretty happy to see that we were dead nuts even from a roll too with my weak sauce LT1 and baby cam auto

haha!
Bro you are sooooooooo lucky! Your friends lucky they didnt take the car for no insurance too....
Old 02-06-2009, 12:07 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
Bro you are sooooooooo lucky! Your friends lucky they didnt take the car for no insurance too....
Thats what i told him, he coulda got arrested and his car towed and impounded for 30 days.

Rule of the Night: Always be the one in front
Old 02-06-2009, 12:35 PM
TECH Addict

Thats what i told him, he coulda got arrested and his car towed and impounded for 30 days.

Rule of the Night: Always be the one in front

Lol.... You dont have to be the fastest! just faster then your buddy!! good kill on the haterz(popo) by the way!!!
Old 02-06-2009, 02:08 PM
12 Second Club

Lol.... You dont have to be the fastest! just faster then your buddy!! good kill on the haterz(popo) by the way!!!
Haha thanks man!

i thought this thread would draw a little more attention, but i guess it doesnt have a video and isnt really a 100% a street race only like 90% haha.

but its motha fucken friday!!!!!!
Old 02-06-2009, 02:16 PM
On The Tree

Haha thanks man!

i thought this thread would draw a little more attention, but i guess it doesnt have a video and isnt really a 100% a street race only like 90% haha.

but its motha fucken friday!!!!!!
I anticipated him outdriving the cops Need for Speed style.. I was kinda disappointed.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:28 PM
11 Second Club

Dude...luck was on your side. You go meet up with 5.1 and the AZSS guys? I got the text...just being 4 hours away, can't just go bowling and **** lol.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
I anticipated him outdriving the cops Need for Speed style.. I was kinda disappointed.
agreed... someone in an fbody has got to top scott taff's fantastic display of evasion in the mustang - recovering from several pit maneuvers like it was staged.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:43 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
HAHA RIGHT? except this kid is a no drivin ****, he short shifts every gear and his reason was he was afraid he'd throw a rod.

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
Dude...luck was on your side. You go meet up with 5.1 and the AZSS guys? I got the text...just being 4 hours away, can't just go bowling and **** lol.
have before, and actually didnt bowl with them, they did last night too? haha the AZSS guys are ok, i just don't personally like a few of them, kinda alot of stuck up rich kids, which i am not. mommy and daddy didnt buy my cars. . .

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
agreed... someone in an fbody has got to top scott taff's fantastic display of evasion in the mustang - recovering from several pit maneuvers like it was staged.

dude that video was insane seriously. and someone does need to top that ina F-body and get away too!
Old 02-06-2009, 03:20 PM
11 Second Club

have before, and actually didnt bowl with them, they did last night too? haha the AZSS guys are ok, i just don't personally like a few of them, kinda alot of stuck up rich kids, which i am not. mommy and daddy didnt buy my cars. . .
Idk when it was...I think like Tuesday maybe...idk. I don't really know any of them personally, since I'm not up there yet. I've talked to a couple, and they seem kinda cool. I chill with the SMC guys every now and then...when I up in Tucson, and my car is running lol. zo6 and Wes are the only ones I really know personally, and on a first name basis, and kick it with every now and then.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:25 PM
12 Second Club

Idk when it was...I think like Tuesday maybe...idk. I don't really know any of them personally, since I'm not up there yet. I've talked to a couple, and they seem kinda cool. I chill with the SMC guys every now and then...when I up in Tucson, and my car is running lol. zo6 and Wes are the only ones I really know personally, and on a first name basis, and kick it with every now and then.
yea im not big into the club scene thing man, too much drama and ****, i just enjoy going to the track and the occasional race i get.

but i most likely wont be racing for quiet some time after that cause last night was enough to scare me half the death, i have asthma and had to use my inhaler i was hyperventillating so bad

and yes terrible spelling i dont care.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:55 PM
11 Second Club

I bet man. I passed a cop on I-10 at 150 before. He was pulled off on the side, waiting for a speeder. I was the speeder. Good thing he didn't try lol.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:46 AM
12 Second Club

I bet man. I passed a cop on I-10 at 150 before. He was pulled off on the side, waiting for a speeder. I was the speeder. Good thing he didn't try lol.
Holy LORD! 150 haha, he wasnt even gunna try, woulda taken him 2 minutes to get up to that speed and even try and catch you.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:58 AM
11 Second Club

****, if I were to see those head lights come out, I would have just stayed in it. At those speeds....**** it lol. I learned my lesson though....I do NOT go that fast anymore. When I figure out where my 4th gear ends with the 4.10s, that is the fastest I will take it.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:12 AM
12 Second Club

****, if I were to see those head lights come out, I would have just stayed in it. At those speeds....**** it lol. I learned my lesson though....I do NOT go that fast anymore. When I figure out where my 4th gear ends with the 4.10s, that is the fastest I will take it.
ONLY 4TH? haha why not 5th with the 4.10's? haha J/K

but man this weekend sucked! i was all pumped to go run out at speedworld saturday and it rained

hopefully this next weekend it will be clear

cause i want my 12 sec pass already damnit!
Old 02-09-2009, 12:46 PM
TECH Addict

They will actually get up to those speeds? Thats nuts!!!! It Texas the cops are "suposed" to shut down on any chases that exceed 80mph and just let the helicopters do the chasing.... I had a friend that told me that he when to some place like arkansas or something like that to visit his uncle.. He went out on a cruse in his uncles street car(this story was told to me like 10 years ago so im not remembering ALL the details) and was doing about 145mph when my friends uncle to him to speed up! My friend told his uncle that he had the peddle to the floor, so his uncle showed him were the N0Z was... Needless to say my friend hit it and said that by the time he hit 170mph he looked in the rear view mirror and had a state trooper paceing him... haha, he said that him and his uncle spent 2 weeks in jail and his mom whooped his and his uncles *** when they got out! I thought that was funny *** hell... I couldnt fathom doing 170mph and then looking behind me to see a state trooper on my *** like that! My heart would drop and I'd prolly pass out!
Old 02-09-2009, 01:04 PM
12 Second Club

They will actually get up to those speeds? Thats nuts!!!! It Texas the cops are "suposed" to shut down on any chases that exceed 80mph and just let the helicopters do the chasing.... I had a friend that told me that he when to some place like arkansas or something like that to visit his uncle.. He went out on a cruse in his uncles street car(this story was told to me like 10 years ago so im not remembering ALL the details) and was doing about 145mph when my friends uncle to him to speed up! My friend told his uncle that he had the peddle to the floor, so his uncle showed him were the N0Z was... Needless to say my friend hit it and said that by the time he hit 170mph he looked in the rear view mirror and had a state trooper paceing him... haha, he said that him and his uncle spent 2 weeks in jail and his mom whooped his and his uncles *** when they got out! I thought that was funny *** hell... I couldnt fathom doing 170mph and then looking behind me to see a state trooper on my *** like that! My heart would drop and I'd prolly pass out!

I think you misunderstood his post, he said he passed a cop when he was going 150. but that story is effin crazy. it'd be hard to run from the cops on the highways here cause there are always helicopters buzzin around that could follow you all over town.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:19 PM
11 Second Club

Nice run OP, you're one lucky bastard! I had almost the same thing happen with my brother in law. We own a business together so were following each other out after work one night, he had a 98 z m6 w/ LM1 at the time before he sold it (*****!), we catch a light together, he revs it up and just tries to leave at like 4500 on his bald *** 245's, meanwhile I'm gone (295/35/18's w/ BMR suspension etc, stock stall), all of a sudden I see lights coming up fast (we let out at about 50 or so, he was so far behind!), and think "ok someone else wants to play!" Blue lights, I'm like oh s***, he gets pulled over and reamed. I just drove off all nonchalant. I call him like 90 seconds later and he says that the cop got out of his car, yelled at him that he could take him to jail and radio ahead and have me pulled over, then let's him go!!! Guess we got lucky too!